Julie Garwood Announces Details for Historical Novel

Julie Garwood is returning to her roots and releasing a new medieval, Shadow Music, in late December of 2007. It’s hardcover with a retail price tag of $25.95. On her website * (that is almost impossible to navigate), she spills that the hero is “Colm MacHugh, a ‘close ally to the Buchanas’ and both Brodick and Colm share a dislike for the MacKenna clan, especially when it comes to the future of a beautiful woman named Gabrielle. ”

I love Garwood’s historicals and recall reading The Bride so often that the binding gave out and the cover fell off.

* For the love of all that is good on the internet, authors, please do away with your affection for the flash dominated sites.

1. Sarah McCarty
    Aug 16, 2007 @ 13:34:56

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! There is not enough happy dancing in the world to celebrate this moment.

2. mary beth
    Aug 16, 2007 @ 13:54:21

Right there with you, Sarah. I LOVE Julie Garwood’s historicals! I might be anticipating this more than HP 7.

3. Cyn
    Aug 16, 2007 @ 20:19:13

Oh thank christ. If I had to read one more of her empty contemporaries, I think I would have ended up divorced. I could tell my husband was getting real tired of my annual Garwood-release lament: “Ahhhh! You would not believe how great this author used to be! Why? Why?”

4. Charlene Teglia
    Aug 16, 2007 @ 20:22:09

Dec. 2007! Merry Christmas to me!

5. Roslyn
    Aug 17, 2007 @ 10:02:23

Not only is it a Garwood, its a MEDIEVAL GARWOOD! Wow, what did I do to deserve this?
    *Roslyn, off to help more animals and small children*

6. Debra
    Sep 23, 2007 @ 20:05:47

I have been waiting for years for Julie to return to her historical novels. Words can not express the joy I feel over this WONDERFUL news. Love ya Julie!!

7. Sara
    Sep 24, 2007 @ 19:09:47

I’M SO EXCITED…Julie Garwood is THE best historical romance author out there today! I’m glad she decided to write another historical and not a contemporary. There is just something about her historicals that make them so special.

8. mich
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:53:53

wow,so happy to find a place to get ideas for new books,to buy.So very tired of going to the book store and buying a book and realizing that to me,it’s way to much info and not in the least romantic at all,it’s just racy beyond measure.Trying to find new authors now that all the best romance authors seem to go to the contemporary market,hoping for more Garwood ,romance…one can only hope.