Intel Ad Exec Doesn’t Want Job Anymore

intel.jpg

In a case of either monumental stupidity or poor judgment (or both), Intel choose to run an ad for its new Core Duo processor by showing six black men (who all look the same) in a crouched position with one Dockers clad white middle management wank in the middle. The black men are supposed to be sprinters, but the visual imagery of these six black men in a near kneeling position with the white guy standing in the middle is just bad, bad, bad.

Even taken at face value, without the horrible symbolism that could be read into the ad, the fact is that the ad is selling the black folks as the workhorses and the white folk as the pants clad office management. See. Bad all around.

Copyranter claims that it is reverse discrimination, suggesting that Intel is calling him slow and suggest an Intel boycott for the reverse racism against crackers. (This is tongue in cheek, obviously, before anyone goes off on copyranter.)

Me thinks that some Intel Ad Exec is dusting off his resume and looking for a new job.

Via PenciledIn.

1. Sarah McCarty
    Jul 30, 2007 @ 16:22:04

Okay. That ad is just wrong on so many levels it’s hard to believe it made it past the drawing board stage.

2. Gwen
    Jul 30, 2007 @ 16:48:06

I’m laughing my ass off. How stupid do you have to be to not stop something like while it’s proposed, storyboarded, designed, printed, AND approved??!! Too stupid to live, apparently. How sublimely ridiculous.

3. Kalen Hughes
    Jul 30, 2007 @ 18:31:45

OMG. Can’t breathe. Too funny (and not for the right reasons).

4. sherry thomas
    Jul 30, 2007 @ 19:25:02

Sigh. The power of groupthink again triumphs over common sense.

5. Jackie
    Jul 30, 2007 @ 20:00:16

I seriously thought this was a Photoshopped spoof.

6. Karen Scott
    Jul 31, 2007 @ 00:44:08

I’m thinking it’s a deliberate ploy to get lots of attention. I can’t believe for one second they didn’t know what they were doing.

7. Angela
    Jul 31, 2007 @ 03:43:57

Yep yep Karen–just like that Sony ad.

8. Jackie L.
    Jul 31, 2007 @ 14:46:18

I think it might be even worse than that. My son the geek guy who works full time in IT calls computers that are linked together to increase power “slaves.”
    The main one is the master computer. People start a foot race with their heads up. I think this is geek humor, which frankly can get pretty bad. My first thought was: looks like slavery to me. Yucky.