Harry Potter No. 7 Revealed (For Real This Time)

harrypotterganked.jpg The final version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is on the internet for anyone to view, if you are good enough to google it. The book has been photographed, two pages at a time, by someone (I assume a bookseller or a distributor). There are slideshows and photographs that reveal the deaths and the ending (for the record, it is nothing like the previous spoiler). edited to add: link seems to be down. Having seen some of the photos, it looks like the real deal to me. So if you want to be spoiled, the answer to the Harry Potter question is out there despite excessive and extreme security attempts.

The trucks Bloomsbury will use are fitted with satellite tracking systems costing up to 1,000 pounds each, which will reveal whether any of the vehicles deviate from their intended route. The books are on sealed pallets fitted with alarms to prevent tampering.

Torrent Link

P.S. If you click and are spoiled, don’t blame me. Blame your poor impulse control.

1. Caro
    Jul 18, 2007 @ 15:49:01

I can be a spoiler whore about so many things — and have been in the past (I downloaded and viewed the BtVS episode “Seeing Red” when it was accidentally transmitted a week before it was supposed to be), but I curiously have no desire whatsoever to see the photos for Deathly Hallows.

Maybe it’s the fact I’m trying to get things done before Saturday and I have my day planned already, or the fact my husband’s giving up his usual Friday gaming group so we can do the festivities and he’ll kill me if he finds out I’ve already read parts of it. Whatever it is, I’m going to be waiting until the physical book is in my hot little hands to read it.

Of course, I also know people who are dying to get their hands on those photos, while others are just avoiding the internet for the rest of the week.

2. Tilly Greene
    Jul 18, 2007 @ 15:59:48

Nope, impulse control is in order, thank you very much :-) Despite owning all of them, organizing and hosting parties for the local independent, I didn’t start reading the series until the release date was announced for the 7th book.

Yup, less than 100 pages from the end of book 6 – plenty of time to finish and be ready to read the last one when it gets here.

Sad that someone went to this kind of effort though. Despite all the security measures in the world, you can’t stop every person from doing something underhanded.

3. Angie
    Jul 18, 2007 @ 16:03:11

I wanted to see but the images don’t appear to be working. I haven’t read the books so it’s not really a spoiler for me, just plain curiousity.

4. Kat
    Jul 18, 2007 @ 19:09:33

Since it’s the last book of the series, I intend to savour this one. That means no spoilers, even though my fingers are itching to click through. Two more sleeps!

5. DeeCee
    Jul 18, 2007 @ 20:26:07

I find spoilers to be great. I can decide for myself if I like the ending enough to spend the $20 on the book.

I’m not a huge HP fan….but I think I will definitely buy this one if the spoilers are true.

6. Vernieda
    Jul 19, 2007 @ 07:34:10

I’ve heard the bootlegs came about as a result of DeepDiscount.com shipping pre-orders early. I’ve also heard that the publisher is definitely going to sue.

7. Ann Bruce
    Jul 19, 2007 @ 08:03:26

I’m so hoping he dies (I’m waiting to be pelted with rotten tomatoes). Then the madness can end.

Personally, I can’t bring myself to read the books for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam (not here, but everywhere else). I do, however, very much enjoy the audio versions because Jim Dale does a spot on Hermione.

8. Ravishankar
    Jul 19, 2007 @ 08:11:32

Hi
    After through investigations, as an anti piracy consultant , i can say the internet leak points towards the original book to be released.

you can have preview of the full book at http://ideaflashed.blogspot.com

The Epilogue would be uploaded and the photo graphs of the book are being
    Converted into PDF format with the images and giving a feel of reading a original novel based on OCR technology.

I do not advocate piracy. All posts are data driven.

9. Frederick Jogles
    Aug 07, 2008 @ 22:32:40

I personally think it’s a bit evil to see the book before it comes out, because it really does destroy the magic of it all. I’m glad that this kind of thing doesn’t usually happen to the HP movies.