Harlequin Is Accepting YA Submission

I saw a YA sale to MIRA the other day at Publisher’s Marketplace. I emailed Harlequin and was told that Harlequin appears to be entering the YA market and are “seeking YA submissions, notably in the areas of paranormal, fantasy/sci-fi, relationship/romance and social issues.” Currently, the YA program is only taking agented submissions.

1. Laura Vivanco
    Apr 11, 2008 @ 09:51:16

Harlequin’s Kimani Tru line’s been around since 2007 and it’s a YA line so Harlequin’s already in the YA market. Kimani Tru’s a line just for YA books, though, whereas I get the impression that MIRA is Harlequin’s “single title” line. I know that sounds like a contradiction in terms, but MIRA‘s where Harlequin publishes books in a variety of genres: “mainstream fiction, including contemporary and historical romance; historical fiction; literary fiction; suspense; thrillers; paranormal; family sagas and relationship novels.” And apparently MIRA will accept “Agented submissions only.”

Anyway, I suspect you know most/all of that, but I thought I’d mention it anyway, just in case.

Apr 11, 2008 @ 10:18:20

Good catch. I just got a response that while the submission guidelines are concrete, right now, “Currently, the YA program is only taking agented submissions.”

3. Harlequin to Accept YA Submissions « Urban Fantasy Land
    Apr 11, 2008 @ 12:21:53

[…] to Accept YA Submissions From Jane at Dear Author: “I saw a YA sale to MIRA the other day at Publisher's Marketplace. I emailed Harlequin and […]

4. I kind of feel like saying I’m psychic « The YA YA YAs
    Jun 02, 2008 @ 17:45:11

[…] I kind of feel like saying I’m psychic June 2, 2008 Filed under: Book News, Things That Make Trisha Go, “Hmm” — Trisha @ 12:45 pm Tags: harlequin Remember the news that Harlequin is accepting YA manuscripts? […]

5. Ross M Nkama
    Jul 09, 2009 @ 03:16:08

i am an author i just published my fisrt book and i want to publish 2 ready written books to you. so would you tell me what is your requirement for me to publish my books and romances. thank you

6. Mechelle Fogelsong
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 23:08:09

They have a web site now. It’s at http://www.harlequinteenpanel.com.

7. Mayah Balse
    Aug 16, 2009 @ 05:44:03

by Mayah Balse – 16 Aug 2009
    I am a widely published author and journalist.I have written several romantic stories for women’s magazines and a dozen books, all published in India. I have experience in writing on the occult too. One of my non-fiction books deals with mystics and men of miracles. I am interested in writing for Harlequin. How do I do about it? Thanks
    Mayah Balse

8. Ross M.Nkama
    Oct 11, 2009 @ 12:39:43

I am Ross M Nkama i am an writer , i have written some african interesting love story and some books (religious and cultural )which i would like harlequin to publish. as some of my books revenue sustain the less priviliged in the society thru a foundation that i have founded “Grass Basket Foundation”