Harlequin eBook Sale 50% off all Ebooks

As part of the 12 days of Christmas, Harlequin is offering a half off sale for all eBooks.  Just use the coupon code "HALFOFF" at the Checkout.   It's a coupon good for only today.

Thanks Sunita for the link.

Edited to add some suggestions:

• I like Helen Brooks, Sara Craven and Susan Napier of the HP line although the December Brooks and Craven disappointed me.
  • I love Sarah Mayberry with Crusie Control and Anything For You being my top two ebooks (her first Mills and Boon book which is not digitized is my all time favorite. Will review later this week).
  • Other Blaze authors I like: Jill Monroe, Jo Leigh, Katheen O’Reilly and Lori Borrell.
  • I just read a HP last night that was good! (no asshole hero) and featured an Asian heroine!!!!!!!!!! It was Anne McAllister’s Antonides’ Forbidden Wife.

1. jmc
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 16:24:39

Thanks for the info!

If I’d known the sale was coming, I’d’ve waited to pre-order Carla Kelly’s ebook (pre-ordered 11/30/08, downloaded 12/1/08). Darn it. Except I can’t get too worked up, because Kelly’s work is worth full cover price. Or more. IMO.

2. Keishon
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 16:32:51

Damn you. *running off to buy ebooks*

3. Robin
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 17:04:08

Hmm, I can’t even find Carla Kelly’s new book on the site.

I just purchased a bunch of books, and for some reason, my discount was not 50% of my total, although it was impossible to see how they broke it down and what, exactly didn’t get discounted.

Still a good deal, though.

4. Robin
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 17:10:14

Okay, now that I found and purchased the Kelly book, I get it; the 50% is taken off the ebook price, NOT the “our price” price. Which still makes it a good deal, but for anyone buying in bulk, just take note of the fact that your discount will be off the full price of each book, even though your pre-discount subtotal will reflect the “our price” price. I realize that’s confusing, but it will make sense when you are viewing your cart, lol.

5. Shannon Stacey
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 17:23:16

The way somebody else explained it was they take the discount off the ‘our price’ price, so it’s lower, then subtract the discount amount that from regular price, which is higher, making it not truly 50% off.

Very confusing, which annoys me because I’m cynical and assume they did it purposely, but still a bargain. I bought several.

6. Angela James
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 17:24:16

I wonder how come I didn’t get the email about this? I usually get them in two accounts and I was watching for it today because I knew their discount would be on ebooks. Weird.

7. Robin
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 18:28:41

The way somebody else explained it was they take the discount off the ‘our price' price, so it's lower, then subtract the discount amount that from regular price, which is higher, making it not truly 50% off.

I have no idea how they do it, but the price I paid on the book I just bought turned out to be 50% off the retail price, even though the way the discount is featured doesn’t *seem* to be computed that way.

What I *think* happens is that the cart is set up to calculate the price based on the “our price” discount, so Harlequin has adjusted things so that the discount is technically subtracted from the “our price” subtotal but in fact it reflects half off the retail price when all is said and done.

8. Shannon Stacey
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 18:33:24

You’re probably right, but I’ve decided to just be happy I got lots of books for little money. :)

9. Meljean
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 19:52:39

Damn me for buying so many last week. *shakes fist*

10. Jayne
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 20:17:37

Angela, I didn’t get an email about it either. Which is weird because they’re always sending me emails. But then I didn’t get it last year either…..sob.

11. TerryS
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 21:00:50

Great deal, but one I won’t take advantage of simply because eharlequin.com won’t support ereader format through their store. My Harlequin deals will only be the ones offered through fictionwise.com and ereader.com. I can use the formats eharlequin.com offers but why should I have to compromise on using a format I don’t like? I’d rather miss out.

12. Brenna
    Dec 03, 2008 @ 21:52:38

Got the Carla Kelly ebook 2 days ago. I’m reading it right now and loving it. Thank goodness that she’s with Harlequin now and that you can buy the ebook format without having to wait for January 2009.