Harlequin Does Fine Art

Harlequin is celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year and are exhibiting THE HEART OF A WOMAN: HARLEQUIN COVER ART 1949 – 2009.   Per the press release. “These pieces offer a unique insight into the profound political and societal changes that have occurred in women’s lives over the past six decades and will give you a glimpse of what to expect at the gallery.”

The WHERE: Presented at Openhouse Gallery
The WHEN: May 29th to June 12th, 2009

Report back if you go. I’d love to hear what it looks like in person.

1. Christine McKay
    May 28, 2009 @ 06:31:27

I wish they’d do a cover art coffee book. They could categorize it by the decades and maybe even set aside chapters or a section for authors they found but since spread their wings (Nora Roberts comes first to mind but I’m sure there’s plenty of others).

I’d buy it.

2. Keri M
    May 28, 2009 @ 06:41:52

That would have been a cool thing to go see. I agree with you Christine a coffee table book on romance book art would have been awesome. I bought a calendar one year with romance cover art for the pictures. I still have it, some of the pictures were really beautiful. I got a huge poster of Contance O’Banyans, Enchanted Ecstasy, it is beautifully done in purples and yellows. I framed it and still have it today.

3. Jessica G.
    May 28, 2009 @ 09:09:00

I would LOVE a coffee table book! You listening Harlequin?

4. Jessica G.
    May 28, 2009 @ 09:28:27

Oh and where is this? NYC?

May 28, 2009 @ 09:29:38

@Jessica G.: It is in NY & what a great idea re: coffee table book. I would love that too.

6. PJ
    May 28, 2009 @ 10:41:32

Here’s a link to the gallery’s blog with a few images:

7. AmyW
    May 28, 2009 @ 10:52:04

The Open House gallery has a preview of some of the artwork on their blog:

There are a few different images at Harlequin’s Presents blog, too: http://www.iheartpresents.com

8. PennyW
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 08:35:57

Would love to have seen this exhibition but not visiting NY again until 2010. Anyway, I’ve seen a book on Amazon called ‘Art of Romance’ by Joanna Bowring/Margaret O’Brien about Mills & Boon/Harlequin cover art. Hope this helps.