1. Jayne
    Oct 03, 2007 @ 05:26:39

Pfffft. I can’t say I’m really surprised about this and don’t recall seeing too many reviews of either of these lines. I’ve also not seen any new Next books in Waldenbooks for the last 2-3 months.

2. Jackie
    Oct 03, 2007 @ 07:06:40

Canceling the Everlasting line. Oh, the irony!

3. Shannon Stacey
    Oct 03, 2007 @ 09:25:39

I’m glad the Everlastings will be folded into the Supers. While I was never really drawn to the NEXT line, I really enjoyed many of the Everlastings. They felt more “real” to me, while still promising me my HEA. The depth and enduring nature of the love stories appealed to me. The House on Briar Hill Road by Holly Jacobs, which is on the shelves right now, is one of my favorites from Everlasting, along with Dancing on Sunday Afternoons by Linda Cardillo, which was one of the launch books.

Hopefully they’ll put some sort of “Everlasting” flash on the front of the Supers so I know which ones to buy.

4. Sher
    Oct 03, 2007 @ 20:38:35

I liked the Next line. I went into them not necessarily expecting an HEA even though they revised their guidelines to “suggest” it to the authors.

5. Dorothy
    Oct 09, 2007 @ 15:06:04

I love the Harlequin Everlasting Love line. Hard to find in stores but I love it. The line just seemed to be hitting it’s stride and then poof, a change. The world is moving entirely too fast and the book world too into instant gratification. I was also just getting into the latest Next books. I hate to try a new line like Everlasting Love, love it and then in less than a year have it snatched away.

6. jenreads
    Oct 09, 2007 @ 16:18:29

Oh boy, Next had become my go to category line. I think the majority of the ones I’ve read have ranged from good to really good with a few DNF’s. From a recommendation here I just read and enjoyed “Ex Marks the Spot” and “Sparkle”. I also liked the ones from Cheryl Reavis and Kate Austin as well as a few others. This was a line that offered something for those of us who’ve been reading series books for years and are now looking for something a little different from the secret baby/Greek tycoon plot (not that there is anything wrong with those). I’m sad they didn’t make it.

7. Patricia A.
    Oct 13, 2007 @ 13:48:49

I loved Kristi Gold’s FALL FROM GRACE (one of the launch books in the Everlasting line). I’ve read a couple of others that weren’t as good, but, as far as it not continuing in its own line, I would guess part of the problem is that the stories don’t necessarily have HEAs. It’ll be interesting to see how they will fare within the HSR line. I’m glad they won’t be totally gone.

8. Mia
    Dec 09, 2007 @ 13:34:48

I loved the everlasting line as well, I barely read harelquins and I’m in a single, educated female in my early 30’s who still believes in “true love”. I loved the fresh perspective and realistic nature of these tales…
    Love’s trails and tribulations. I was going to start subscribing to this line even! I can’t believe this well-written, and researched series is being changed. Oh well I will buy up as many of this line as I can, there isn’t even much of a backlist for this series…