1. Randi
    May 19, 2009 @ 14:01:39

2009? Already? What happened to 2008?

2. kylie
    May 19, 2009 @ 15:10:13

Midnight sun is great. I started to read it and it is awsome :)

3. karly
    May 19, 2009 @ 15:27:04

Did you perhaps mean to say that the voting for the best/worst covers of 2008 will end on May 28, 2009? I voted for my picks a couple of weeks ago. And I believe that all year long we can nominate 2009 covers for the best/worst categories for next year’s contest.

4. Karen
    May 19, 2009 @ 15:50:14

Karly is right. Voting is open now for the 2008 contest and will remain open until May 28th. You can vote here:

You can nominate 2009 covers any time until the end of the year. I’m in charge of contemporary, series and worst next year, and I would love to have more nominations!

5. JulieLeto
    May 20, 2009 @ 08:14:51

I voted last week, but I have to say that I’m disappointed by the sameness of the nominated covers. I think it was category that all the covers had the same basic look. Couple in the distance or something. I just remember thinking there should be more variety, but then I’m not on the committee and they can do whatever they want. I still voted.

6. mara
    May 21, 2009 @ 06:10:12

I went to check it out, but haven’t voted yet and probably won’t.

The worst covers category is really bland somehow, there is only one cover that looks freaky, and the rest are just meh. Apparently people really dislike sex/sexy covers, while liking a lot of bland ones.