DA Week in Review: May 1 through May 8
We post a lot on Dear Author, usually three posts a day, and important stuff can be missed. Thus we are going to do a week in review midday Mondays.
First up are the reviews. We posted our monthly recommended reads. We reviewed the following books:
- Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughn. Recommended by Jayne
- Love Me by Kelly Jamieson. Recommended by Jill Sorenson. The review gave rise to a spirited debate about infidelity.
- Discreet Affair by Shelly Munro. Reviewed by Jayne. B-
- A Sense of Sin by Elizabeth Essex. Reviewed by Janine. C+
- Sabine and the Beast by Moira Rogers. Reviewed by Jane. D
- The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. Reviewed by Jia. C-
- Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison. Recommended by Shuzluva. A-
- Breaking Point by Pamela Clare. Recommended by Jane. B
- Krakow Waltz by Kate Allen. Reviewed by Jayne. B
- Grosse Point Blank. A film review by Jayne.
Second, the news links. We celebrated the military heroes by providing some recommendations and gave away books to the troops in conjunction with Avon. There are also reports of a new nook being announced at BEA in a couple of weeks so don’t buy a new nook right now.
We are also doing publisher schedules for 2011 that you can find in the sidebar —->
We had a robust discussion over cliffhangers. Some people don’t mind them but most romance readers want a certain ending to their romance books that romance cliffhangers don’t deliver.