Computer Hacker Says He Obtained Copy of Potter Book

In a completely believable (to me) claim, a computer hacker has said that he hacked into Bloomsbury Publishing and stole a digital copy of the final Harry Potter book. The Hacker posts a brief (3 sentence) summary of the ending of the book and reveals who was killed. Link here. Don’t click and then come back and complain about being spoiled, if it is indeed true.

Via VNUnet.

1. Rosario
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 11:43:04

I will not click, I will not click, I will not click.

Damn, this last month will be long!

2. jmc
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 11:50:46

Jane, you have no idea how badly I want to click on that link.

When the book arrives, I’m going to have to read the last chapter first, so I know who’s still around at the end. :sigh:

3. Rhonda Stapleton
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 12:02:38

I clicked! hahaha–I haven’t read ANY of the books (my daughter ruined them for me anyway)…but I won’t tell what it said. LOL

4. Sybil
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 12:23:06

heee I looked.

5. Angie
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 12:34:54

I looked too. I also haven’t read any of the books but if it’s true…whoo! My MIL is going to be beside herself!

Did anyone else find that post a bit odd, though?

6. Rhonda Stapleton
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 13:07:39

I thought it was…oddly worded, yes. It seemed weird, like it was someone whose native language isn’t English…

7. Kalen Hughes
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 13:42:05

I thought the religious rant below “the big revelation” was the most amusing part. Though I guess I'm happy that these nutjobs are wasting their time ranting about how Harry Potter is turning their children into Pagans. At least it gives them something to do besides bomb clinics and write letters to the congressmen about how gay marriage is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

8. Walt
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 14:32:09

Even though the sixth book was stolen and the scan of that book made its way to the internet before the first book was sold, I don’t think this one is going to leak through the group that posted the spoiler message. It goes against their religious rant, they didn’t post any actual prose to prove they had it and there’s not a trace of the book on the “back channels” yet. There has been fake versions of the book out there for some weeks now, and that’s where this one will turn up if they actually have it and want to release it.

9. Kat
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 16:30:49

Hmm, I hope clicking into that site didn’t download any funny stuff into my PC. I only thought of that after clicking through. Not sure I believe the spoilers–a few quotes would have given them more credibility (specifically, the last paragraph of the book). But I’m a spoiler whore so bring it on!

10. Rhonda Stapleton
    Jun 21, 2007 @ 18:23:47

Oh man…you guys make a good point about the quotes thing. hahaha.

11. Holly
    Jun 22, 2007 @ 16:38:38

I read it. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but either way I’m still excited to read the book. If that’s true, it’s a better ending than I expected. If it’s not, it just made me more anxious to read the real book. :P

12. Keishon
    Jun 23, 2007 @ 22:53:32

I read it too and am prepared for ANYTHING.

13. Dale DePriest
    Jun 25, 2007 @ 16:05:13

I read an earlier version obtained in a pdf format from the web and it did not agree with the hackers version. None of the principles died.

Dale

14. fredy
    Dec 08, 2009 @ 02:00:46

This is a great post. I just enjoyed reading it a lot. Its really interesting and contains a lot of information. Thank you for posting.Please keep up the good work.