Dec 19 2006
Borders CEO, George Jones, gave a far ranging interview with Shelf Awareness.
- Publishers want Borders’s buyers to travel to NY to enhance relationships.
- Wants to increase the customer average of $25 which is low compared to the amount of time spent in the store
- Category management is de-emphasized.
- Author branding is important.
- Digital technology and the internet will be addressed and part of that will determine whether the partnership with Amazon will continue.
- The Borders rewards program has 13 million subscribers. This is a great program. It’s free, of course, and each purchase earns you money. For free.
Send to Kindle