Bestselling Author Nalini Singh Offers E-Book Exclusive!

EBOOK EXCLUSIVE:

GET READY FOR PARANORMAL ROMANCE AUTHOR NALINI SINGH’S UPCOMING NEW SERIES WITH AN EBOOK-ONLY PREQUEL!

New York Times Bestselling Author Nalini Singh Provides Readers With A

Sneak Peek Into A World Of Beauty And Danger Where Angels And Vampires Coexist

New York, NY (February 23, 2009) â€”Penguin eBooks announced today the release of a never before seen novella called ANGELS’ PAWN from Nalini Singh, the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Hostage to Pleasure

What’s next for fans of Nalini Singh’s bestselling Psy/Changeling series? They’ll get a taste of it in ANGELS’ PAWN, a prequel to Singh’s all-new Guild Hunter series, that will only be available as an eSpecial.  The novella introduces readers to the world of the Guild Hunter—a world of beauty and danger where angels and vampires coexist.  Angels’ Blood, the first full-length novel in the Guild Hunter series, will be available in bookstores on March 3rd.

With the Psy/Changeling series, Nalini Singh quickly garnered praise from both readers and critics for her masterful world-building skills, intricate characterization, and suspenseful plots. The final book in that debut series, Hostage to Pleasure, landed on both the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists last year.

ANGELS’ PAWN is a terrific introduction to Nalini's fascinating new world populated by angels, vampires and humans, and I think Nalini's fans will really embrace both the novella and the novel Angels’ Blood,” says Berkley Executive Editor Cindy Hwang.

The ANGELS’ PAWN eSpecial will be available wherever eBooks are sold, in many formats, including those compatible with Sony Reader, Amazon Kindle, and iPhone among others. ANGELS’ PAWN will be available for download on February 24, 2009 for $3.99.

1. vanessa jaye
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 09:46:19

I think I really like the prequel or *complete* connected story when it comes to authors of popular series–or kick-starting a new one–offering (free) ebooks.

I love what PBW has been doing with her Darkyn series. She has a bunch of free shorts available, each of them a fully satisfying read. Patricia Bridges’(sp?) O&A could have been a ebook, and not just a novella in an anthology.

On the other hand, I did the download of Lora Leigh’s thingie yesterday, it just read as an excerpt I could have read on her site. ::shrug:: I think when it comes to ebooks as promo, some publishers/aurthor need to up their game.

2. kirsten saell
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 10:46:01

You know what struck me most about this, is that the price–$3.99 for a novella–is actually realistic.

Wonder if the price will go up to be on par with NY prices after a limited time, or whether the scads of cash they make on a reasonably priced ebook might make NY rethink its abominable pricing structure for ebooks. I think I might buy it–despite the fact that paranormal usually makes me groan–just to give them some positive reinforcement on the price point. And who knows, maybe she’ll make me love vampires again?

3. Allison
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 12:50:51

I’ll just post a quick thought here that as a Canadian, one price for ebooks (eg. US dollars) does deter my buying more ebooks. With the exchange and bank fees etc, it just eats away too much faster at my limited book budget. For me, Nalini Singh is worth the money spent but then are others I can’t afford to read.

4. vanessa jaye
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 13:56:55

Totally off topic here, Jane. But what does the “3103″ stand for? It’s one of the topics just below the site header.

5. Janine
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 15:05:48

Vanessa — I emailed Jane with the same question. She thinks it is probably some kind of technical glitch (the “3103″ also appears as a tag on this post and the Lora Leigh post as well). Jane plans to look into it tonight.

6. vanessa jaye
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 15:48:03

Thanks,Janine! I thought it was some new techno short-hand I’d missed. :-P

7. Janine
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 18:47:08

Looks like Jane fixed the “3103″ glitch .

Does anyone know where Angels’ Pawn can be purchased in a format compatible with the Sony reader? I would like to pick up a copy.

Feb 23, 2009 @ 19:52:29

@Janine I don’t think it’s available until tomorrow?

9. Janine
    Feb 23, 2009 @ 20:12:51

Ah. Thanks Jane. Do you think the Sony Store will have it?

Feb 23, 2009 @ 20:14:27

@Janine I would think so.

11. Janine
    Feb 24, 2009 @ 14:28:33

The Sony Store still doesn’t have Angels’ Pawn and I can’t find it in a Sony compatible format elsewhere, either. What a bummer. :( I’ll try again tomorrow.

12. Gayle
    Feb 24, 2009 @ 17:02:05

Even though Penguin’s announcement says that the e-novella will be available in Sony Reader format, it is not at the Sony store. It is only available in Mobipocket format at Books on Board so not even Sony Reader compatibility. I’d like to know if this was a specific strategy to push the Mobipocket format.

13. Gayle
    Feb 24, 2009 @ 17:07:01

@Janine

The e-novella was just uploaded. It is $0.66 more than BoB. Yay to Sony, finally.

14. Nalini Singh
    Feb 25, 2009 @ 01:10:45

Books on Board is now offering Adobe and Microsoft Reader formats as well. :)

15. Jess
    Feb 25, 2009 @ 04:19:20

Awesome, thanks for the heads up

I LOVE Nalini – I think she her Psy Series is one of the most unique and original in the market…

Im eagerly awaiting the new Angel series :)

16. Janine
    Feb 25, 2009 @ 16:06:31

Thanks Gayle! I’m off to purchase it right now.

17. Mireya
    Feb 25, 2009 @ 21:26:19

I did get it from the Sony store… though that is old news now.