Best of Lists Around the Web

Dear Author is posting their “Best of 2008″ lists for each reviewer in the spirit of the end of the year tradition that many other news organizations started.   Some traditionally known Best of Lists are

If I missed one, drop a comment and let me know. I’ll add it to the list.

1. jmc
    Dec 19, 2008 @ 15:41:59

Slate’s list is up, too. Some overlap, as usual.

2. Anion
    Dec 19, 2008 @ 17:42:00

It’s really very exciting to make one of those “Best of” lists, even though the one I made wasn’t as prestigious as those listed (and was genre-specific). It was still a big deal to me. So congrats to all the writers listed!

3. Janine
    Dec 19, 2008 @ 17:51:19

Three of my “Best of 2008″ picks are on Library Journal’s list of the best five romances of the year!

Chase, Loretta. Your Scandalous Ways. Avon. ISBN 978-0-06-123124-7. pap. $6.99.

Rosenthal, Pam. The Edge of Impropriety. Signet Eclipse: NAL. ISBN 978-0-451-22230-5. pap. $14.

Thomas, Sherry. Delicious. Bantam. ISBN 978-0-440-24432-5. pap. $6.99.

Note to self: Pay more attention to Library Journal’s reviews!

4. Sherry Thomas
    Dec 19, 2008 @ 19:38:40

DELICIOUS making the Library Journal list totally had me rolling on the floor in happiness.

It’s the latest book thing. I can barely remember PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS but I remember all the fear and panic and more fear and more panic of writing DELICIOUS. 16 freaking months of it.

Does make me more motivated to wrestle the current manuscript into shape.

5. GrowlyCub
    Dec 19, 2008 @ 19:59:34

Sherry, congratulations!

Is the current manuscript Not Quite a Husband or something new?

I read the excerpt of NQaH and was drooling wanting to read the book right NOW and it’s such a long time till May 19!

6. Sherry Thomas
    Dec 21, 2008 @ 14:17:38

GrowlyCub,

Thank you!

May 19 means the book had to be ready NOW. And it’s not. And I shouldn’t even be taking any breaks!

3rd Xmas in a row my hair is on fire. :-)

7. GrowlyCub
    Dec 21, 2008 @ 14:20:58

Sheri,

You know, if you need a beta reader for insights to jog the muse, I’d be willing to sacrifice myself, he he. :)