Author Elizabeth Thornton Has Passed Away

Elizabeth Thornton
I don’t have many details but I was told that Elizabeth Thornton passed away last night. Apparently she had suffered from a liver condition known as primary biliary cirrhosis. I really loved some of her books. One of my favorite’s was Almost a Princess written in 2003. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, both her natural one, and her writing family at Berkley and Bantam.

1. Elyssa Papa
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:33:20

I’m so sad to hear this. I loved her books, too. Deepest sympathies to all her friends and family.

2. Michelle Butler
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:37:45

Thoughts and prayers to her family. I loved her books as well and will miss new ones.

3. Tweets that mention Author Elizabeth Thornton Has Passed Away | Dear Author -- Topsy.com
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:38:00

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mike Cane and others. Mike Cane said: RT: @dearauthor: New post: Author Elizabeth Thornton Has Passed Away http://bit.ly/98kkEd [...]

4. Kim in Hawaii
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:38:46

This news brings tears to my eyes as I had just been in touch with her last year. Our thoughts and condolences go out to her family.

5. Meljean
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:55:04

Oh, no. I loved her work, too. My condolences and sympathy to her friends and family.

6. Sally
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:03:34

Loved her books! So sorry to hear of her passing. It feels like I’ve lost a friend even though I never met her.

7. Karenmc
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 11:24:02

My condolences to her family. I really enjoyed her books.

8. Janine
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 12:38:25

I’ve never gotten around to reading her books, but she had a lot of fans among my friends. My deepest condolences to her loved ones.

9. Faye Hughes
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 12:55:38

I have always had a special, warm spot in my heart for Elizabeth Thornton. I had the pleasure of sitting next to her at an RT signing back in 1993, I think, in San Diego. I was signing my first book and totally green behind the ears (and shaking. Wait. Was that Fabio who just walked past me? lol.) She was gracious and kind and sold a book for me when I went to the bathroom. LOL

She will be missed.

Faye

10. Eva / TXBookjunkie
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:05:00

How sad. I remember reading her historicals.

11. Maili
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:05:44

I’m so stunned. She was among the first I read during my salad days as a romance reader. I also remember how almost everyone raved about The Bride’s Bodyguard and some books immediately after this.

My huge condolences to her family and friends.

12. Toni Anderson
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:20:37

Oh no! She lived here in Winnipeg. I feel just terribel :(

13. library addict
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:20:04

Thoughts and prayers to her family.

I enjoyed a number of her books over the years.

14. Annette McCleave
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:27:44

How terribly sad. I had the pleasure of spending some time with Elizabeth, a fellow Canadian, while waiting for a flight home after RWA Nationals one year. She was a wonderful lady–very inspiring and full of sage advice. She will be missed. My condolences to her family and friends.

15. Danielle D
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:34:56

RIP – Elizabeth. I read and enjoyed her historicals.

16. Ann Bruce
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 17:53:02

That’s so sad. I loved her French Revolution trilogy and her highland-set books were always enjoyable. I still have them and reread them to this day.

17. Kim
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:09:47

That’s so sad. I also enjoyed her novels. I wish to extnd my condolences to her family.

18. Danielle C.
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:25:47

Oh no… You Only Love Twice is one of my favourite romances, and I have so many of her other novels, too. My condolences to her loved ones.

19. cate
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 02:43:25

I am absolutely shocked to read this news. Definately one of my favourite authors,
    & an extremly kind & gracious person.
    My condolences to the family at this dreadful time
    Cate

20. Amy
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:30:24

I’m also sad to learn of her passing, as I enjoyed some of her work. My mother has suffered from liver cirrhosis for for some years and hearing news of anyone dying of a liver disease hits home harder than usual. My condolence to Ms. Thornton’s loved ones.

21. Jillian Kent
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 16:18:15

I just heard that Elizabeth Thornton has died. My heartfelt prayers go out to her family and personal friends. I loved many of her novels. She will be missed.