A New Sony Reader Soon to Be Announced?

One release held close to the vest is news about the Sony Reader.  Apparently there is a Sony Reader event to take place on October 2, which something new will be announced. It could be a larger Sony Reader.  It could be a new design.  Or it could be a Sony Reader with wireless capabilities.  Who knows but it looks like waiting until October to buy a new reader makes some sense.

Via CNET

1. Keishon
    Sep 09, 2008 @ 09:42:12

Thanks a lot.

2. Anne Douglas
    Sep 09, 2008 @ 11:57:05

Of course, when I decide this morning to use up all my amex reward points on a Sony Reader…

I swear, I’m taking back my title of Jinx.

3. Meriam
    Sep 09, 2008 @ 18:11:07

Yeah, I just bought one, damnit!

4. Ann Bruce
    Sep 09, 2008 @ 18:51:08

Now, the question is what to do with my current reader…

5. roslynholcomb
    Sep 09, 2008 @ 18:54:28

I guess Mac compatibility is too much to hope for, huh?

6. Shreela
    Sep 10, 2008 @ 08:35:54

As much as this blog posts about book reading hardware (and a few other sites almost as popular as this one), you’d think manufacturers would offer book readers via a contest. Especially since they’re advancing so quickly that older readers become obsolete very fast. They should dump their obsolete readers in blog contests, then tease us with the new improvements to get us to want to buy more features.

7. Joy
    Sep 10, 2008 @ 10:26:48

Glad I held out on my purchase.
    I need a new ipod and was considering the iTouch for eBooks. I decided I really want a dedicated reader…so ordered a nano – 12 hrs before the new iPods were released. Luckily, Apple upgraded my order.

8. Mariana
    Sep 10, 2008 @ 10:29:39

Could be they’ll offer a trade-in? That would be nice. I do love my Sony PRS

9. carolyn Jean
    Sep 11, 2008 @ 18:00:24

Yay yay yay!

10. Miki
    Sep 11, 2008 @ 19:13:43

Could be they'll offer a trade-in? That would be nice. I do love my Sony PRS

Did you know they’re offering a trade-in now, if you’re using a PRS-500 and want the brighter, faster, Adobe Digital Editions reading PRS-505? If you buy the reader from a SonyStyle Store, they’re supposed to give you $100 off if your new purchase.

You can also do it online via SonyStyle.com – which is where I read the details of the deal.

Of course, it would be a drag if you go through all that…and then there’s a PRS-510 available next month!