2007 Quill Nominees for Fiction, a Little Something for Everyone
The Quill Award Nominees were announced last week at BEA. There are 18 categories with 5 nominees each. The nominees are chosen by the selection committee comprised of Publishers Weekly editors (which begs the question as to why they aren’t simply the PW Awards?). In any event, the September 10th to October 10th, consumers can cast their votes for “The Book of the Year”.
The Romance Nominees are
- Simply Magic by Mary Balogh
- The Kommandant’s Girl by Pam Jenoff
- Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice
- Angels Fall by Nora Roberts
- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One) by Patrick Rothfuss What an awesome name for a book and I love the series sub title too, Kingkiller. It’s very evocative.
- Getting to Know You by David Marusek
- Brasyl by Ian McDonald
- The Execution Channel by Ken MacLeod
- The Collaborator of Bethlehem by Matt Beynon Rees
- What the Dead Know: A Novel by Laura Lippman
- Body of Lies: A Novel by David Ignatius
- The Overlook (Harry Bosch) by Michael Connelly
- A Welcome Grave by Michael Koryta
Grapic Novel Nominees
- Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels by Scott McCloud. Is it me or does having a self help book in this section seem very strange.
- Ode To Kirihito by bOsamu Tezuka
- Alice In Sunderland by Bryan Talbot
- Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan
- AYA by Marguerite Abouet, illustrated by Clement Oubrerie
Young Adult/Teen Nominees