It’s time for the DABWAHA!

What is DABWAHA? It is a tournament of books. We pit 64 books against each other, fill out brackets predicting who will win, and vote vote vote.

The nomination slate is ready and seven out of eight books have been listed at the DABWAHA site. Why is one missing? Because it’s time for you to nominate the book you think should be included that isn’t listed right now.

Which book were we insane to leave off? Fire up your browser and head on over to fill out the form to enter your nominations.

A few words of caution: please make sure that the book is published in 2011 – but not late December 2011. Anything published the last week of December 2011 is counted as a 2012 book (we had a mighty discussion about it on our last podcast).

Please make sure that the book you’re nominating is not a reprint of a previously published book, or the paperback release of a 2010 hardcover.

And finally, please make sure to use the PRINT ISBN number (unless it is an ebook only book) so the results will compile correctly.

Selection Sunday is March 11, and that’s when we’ll be announcing the full slate of nominees and their seeds (1-8) including the reader nominated selection for each category. Then, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, March 11, 12 and 13, IT IS BRACKET TIME!

You’ll be able to start selecting your brackets for the tournament then, and the voting will begin on March 14.

This is a lot of dates to keep track of (even for us!) so we have a calendar created that tells you what’s happening when.

You can also view the calendar online.

Everything happens at DABWAHA.com, including prize announcements, round winners and prize awarding.

64 Books. One Winner. Game on!

1. Irisha
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 11:09:21

This is probably a stupid question, but what does DABWAHA stand for?

2. Teri C
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 12:42:33

yes! May the fight begin!

3. Ros
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 13:31:08

@Irisha: I don’t know, Irisha, but I do know it’s why Sarah from Smart Bitches is never, ever allowed to name anything again.

4. joanne
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 13:36:40

@Irisha: Not a stupid question but the name obviously came after many hours of good red wine.

DABWAHA:
    “Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hellagood Authors.”

My question: WTF are NwRE/Crossover books?

5. Sabrina
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 14:38:44

@joanne: NwRE/Crossover…I was wondering the same thing!

6. Shannon Stacey
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 14:51:02

Novel with Romantic Elements/Crossover would have a romantic subplot, but the happily ever after wouldn’t be the point of the story. Women’s fiction maybe. Or the In Death series. Books that have a romance but aren’t romances.

7. library addict
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 15:37:20

I’m bookmarking this post if only for the calendar.

8. Ridley
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 18:59:43

Ugh. I’m gonna have to skip twitter for the next month. The shenanigans are old. Old I say!

I’ll just spend March sitting on my deck, yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

9. Shannon Stacey
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 06:49:21

@Ridley: Do you use a Twitter client that can mute hashtags? Echofon (for Mac & iPhone) does that and I use it for The Bachelor and awards shows and some conferences. Everybody’s pretty good about using the #dabwaha hashtag, so it would be like it didn’t exist for you.

10. Tina
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 18:19:25

I suck at DABWAHA. I pick with my heart and not with my head. I’ll be more strategic this year.

I get such a kick out of the various March Madness like death matches that proliferate this time of the year. I make a point to participate in this one and Fug Madness on gofugyourself.com

11. Stumbling Over Chaos :: Land sakes, linkity!
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 02:06:15

[...] The DABWAHA is almost here! Fill out your brackets March 11 through 13, then start voting on March 14. [...]