DABWAHA Voting Will Commence Soon

DABWAHA LogoThe time for filling out the brackets is closed and the time for voting, trash talking, vicious vote gathering, and the ruining of other brackets is ON. The voting commences at midnight, March 18, 2010 EST. (That’s tonight). The voting link is here. EVEN IF YOU DID NOT FILL OUT   A BRACKET, you can still vote.

The voting schedule is in 12 hour blocks to accommodate people in all timezones. For Round 1, please observe the following times:

• Round 1, Set 1 of 4: March 18, 2010, 00:00 am to March 18, 2010, 12:00 pm
  • Round 1, Set 2 of 4: March 18, 2010, 12:00 pm to March 19, 2010, 00:00 am
  • Round 1, Set 3 of 4: March 19, 2010, 00:00 am to March 19, 2010, 12:00 pm
  • Round 1, Set 4 of 4: March 19, 2010, 12:00 pm to March 20, 2010, 00:00 am

1. Carin
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 06:44:39

I followed the link and don’t find a place to vote. Is it just me?

2. Heather Brewer
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 08:39:49

I was able to vote. I’m going to get my pick knocked out of the 2nd round but that’s ok. It was a tough choice, Angel’s Blood or Branded by Fire – either way nalini rocks!!!

3. Carin
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 09:40:29

It’s working for me now. I can already see some first round losses coming for me…

4. Kay Webb Harrison
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:30:13

I just tried to vote in Round 1: Set 2 of 4.

After I clicked “VOTE” for each pair I received the message, “You Have Already Voted For This Poll,” with a different “Poll ID #” for each pair.
    What does this mean? Did my votes count or not?

Confused,
    Kay

Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:50:16

@Kay Webb Harrison: If you voted yesterday while the poll was open (inadvertently), then you need to empty your cookies and revote. The polls log IP address and cookie. I cleared out the IP address before reopening the polls.

6. willaful
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 13:33:11

I’m getting set 2. Did I already miss the chance to vote for set 1? I confess, I don’t understand the time rules at all.

Mar 18, 2010 @ 13:51:35

@willaful: Yes, set 1 expired at noon EST today. The polls run for 12 hour blocks, midnight to noon, EST and then noon to midnight.

8. Kay Webb Harrison
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 14:51:51

@Jane

I forgot that the voting began last night and did not go on-line today until after noon. This was my first time voting this year. I DID empty the cookies and revoted, but received the same notices. The “Poll ID #s” were the same.

Did my first attempt to vote cancel out the second?

Kay

Mar 18, 2010 @ 14:53:45

@Kay Webb Harrison: If you email me your IP address, I’ll try to clear out our entry in the voting logs. jane at dearauthor com

10. Kay Webb Harrison
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 16:00:57

11. Kathy
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 16:24:31

I had the same issue as Kay Webb Harrison – said I had voted before when I had not and linked to #79 and #84.

12. Kaetrin
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 23:03:54

Gack!! I can’t believe my winner is already out!! I thought for sure that Meredith Duran’s Bound by Your Touch would at least make the finals….groan…better luck next year I guess!

13. Evecho
    Mar 19, 2010 @ 20:48:19

Sadly, no lesbian of transgender content in the GLBT category again. If the category is going to be overwhelmed by gay romance, then I suggest just calling it Gay Romance.