DABWAHA Voting Is Set to Begin

The Round 1 Voting schedule has been posted, and voting will be intense for the next two days. The polls stay up for 12 hours each, and the trash talking and vote mongering has already begun. Then, just after the dust settles – Round 2! Voting will begin at midnight Central Time, on March 15th (which is just an hour from now)

Darlene Marshall and Susanna Kearsley’s elderly dogs have been trashtalking one another, and they’re not up against each other (yet?). Kearsley is not messing around, either: her Twitter avatar is her dog’s “Gaze of Hope,” and her teenagers helped her book make a video for the DABWHAHA as well:

Her book is TRAINING. With RAW EGGS. I love it.

But Marshall is up against Courtney Milan, who, as last year’s runner-up, brought her own dog into the fine art of trash talking.

And Jen McAndrews/Gwen Roman, author of Trail of the Tudor Blue, has a short-but-sweet request for votes:

Meredith Duran is ready, facing down Anne Mallory at high noon tomorrow, and the battles that begin at midnight CDT are not going to be pretty either. Sarah (Morgan) vs. Sarah (Mayberry) is going to be fun, as Morgan says she has been taking trashtalking courses, and Nalini Singh vs. Ilona Andrews could get ugly in a fast hurry.

Remember, all the voting takes place at the DABWAHA site, so steer your friends, relatives, readers, librarians, and folks off the street over to vote for the books you want to win. Plus, there are really awesome prizes for every round, including the first round.

So, who did you pick to win it all this year? What books are you voting for tomorrow? It’s going to by mayhem-tastic! Game on!

1. Liz
    Mar 14, 2012 @ 22:58:38

I think you have a typo in the post – says voting kicks off May 15, rather than March 15.

2. Janine
    Mar 14, 2012 @ 23:26:54

@Liz: Thanks for catching it. I fixed the typo.

3. library addict
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 01:04:24

Love the videos, particularly Susanna Kearsley’s!

It’s DABWAHA time.

4. Karenmc
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:11:19

DABWAHA makes everything better.

5. Teri C
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:22:53

Oh those were great! Voting is on.

6. leslie
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:23:09

Just found web site last week. What an introduction! So much fun, thanks.

7. Janice Myers
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:37:13

Please help with understanding the second chance brackets. Do the picks I have already selected and the points I have garnered move over to the second chance bracket? Does the 2nd chance bracket wipe out the remaining selections I have from the first bracket or do both run concurrently?

I’m sorry that I can’t seem to wrap my mind around this. I know it’s early…but I’m trying to plan ahead! Thanks so much!

8. shel
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 16:54:43

@Janice
    They run concurrently. They are separate entries so your original picks are not carried over.

9. Janice Myers
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 17:44:19

Thanks Shel…but I’m still lost. I’m really not as stupid as I sound. But here’s the thing….will I be eligible to win on both pick sheets? or will the 2nd chance sheet be the only one I will be in the running with? My question about the picks is – the picks I have up until the second chance brackets begin – will those carry over and be figured in to the second chance brackets? Thank you!

Mar 16, 2012 @ 18:03:47

You can make the same picks but in the event of both your brackets winning. We would award the secondary bracket prize to the next winning bracket. This way we can spread the love around.

11. Janice Myers
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 19:27:03

So we make ALL the picks again? Including the ones we already have the results on? Or do we only enter picks on the second chance bracket for those that are not yet voted on? If we don’t enter ALL new picks from the beginning, do the picks we made on our first pick sheet carry automatically to the second bracket?

Mar 16, 2012 @ 20:38:48

@Janice Myers: No the pick sheet will start with 16 books. You wont be allowed to make new picks for rounds that already have results.