DABWAHA 2nd Chance Bracket Is Up

dabwaha iconLast night’s voting was crazy competitive between Kristen Ashley’s Motorcycle Man and Julie James’ About That Night.  James was down by some 100 votes around the 8:00 pm mark when she came storming back and ultimately won by a little under 100 votes.  Another nailbiter was between Jeannie Lin’s My Fair Concubine and Sarah Morgan’s Once a Ferrara’s Wife.  Lin won by a single solitary vote.

So what does that mean?  Brackets are shot to hell.  77 people picked Motorcycle Man to win it all.  The book didn’t make it to the sweet sixteen.  BUT!

Never fear.  The 2nd Chance Bracket is here. Yup, you get another chance and this time you only have 16 books to choose from. And the prizes are just as sweet for the 2nd Chance bracket.  Shannon Stacey is sponsoring a iPad Mini as the prize for the winning bracketologist in the 2nd Chance Pool (translated your bracket is number 1 at the end of the tourney having guessed the most matches correctly).

Read more about the prizes here and give a little visit or shout out when you can to the authors who donated.

In summary, won’t you join us for the 2nd Chance pool? It’s free and fun.  Enter here.  You must get your bracket in by Wednesday midnight.  (11:59 CST)

1. HJ
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 03:18:35

I can’t select my Player Nickname. The arrows are inactive as is the field – when I click on it it merely enlarges with a check sign, but I cannot see any nicknames at all. My last bracket was emailed to me so I know I’m in the system, and the other fields completed themselves when I started typing.

2. BronT
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 03:35:10

Same, HJ. I ended up putting my player nickname in the first name field, explained in the comment, and hit submit. Hope that’s enough.

3. Ros
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 04:58:38

I think you have to click on ‘New’ to enter your nickname. Because you are not already registered for this tournament.

4. BronT
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 05:26:27

Yep registered (and slip-siding down the leaders’ board.) There should have been a drop-down list of registered players’ nicknames to click on, yes? I can’t get that to happen, but then I also had ridiculous trouble registering first time around. Suspect I’m dabwaha-challenged.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 06:44:05

As this is a brand new tournament, I didn’t carry any names over. Hit “New” to add a bracket.

6. Karenmc
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 09:25:21

I’m not playing this year, but I’m enjoying the hell out of watching everything unfold, fall apart, reconfigure, etc.

7. Serena
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 09:43:26

Is there a tie breaker in the 2nd chance bracket?

Mar 25, 2013 @ 09:45:19

@Serena: No. the tie breaker seemed confusing so I am using “pick percentage” which means the percentage of books you guessed right.

9. Darlynne
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:55:37

Jane, do you mean WE are supposed to pick the percentage on our tourney sheets? I tried clicking on that and on the comment about the number of correct picks, but they’re not actual links. The mental health calendar said to ask a stupid question, so it looks like I’m good for today.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:56:20

No the program does that automatically.

11. leslie
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 13:18:25

I can’t register either…..and there is no “new” to click on. Please help me I think I must also be DABWAHA challenged

Mar 25, 2013 @ 13:20:39

Scroll to the right. Your browser may be hiding the new button.

13. leslie
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 13:26:38

@Jane: I nominate myself as dabwaha idiot of the day! Thanks Jane you’re a star.

14. BronT
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 17:01:38

Mine worked, probably because Jane fixed it. Thanks, Jane. For that and for DABWAHA which satisfies the obsessive in me for several weeks a year.

15. JessP
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 21:20:46

Sounds like a lot of people had brackets that got FGCU’d up by Julie James. Go, Julie James!

16. EllenW
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 22:53:06

I try doing my picks and when I hit submit it says its close. I thought I had till weds.
    Please help what am I doing wrong.

17. EllenW
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 23:08:28

Forget earlier post. I went back and tried again and it worked.

18. ljd
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 22:06:38

You are supposed to be able to change your picks up until the deadline. But I can’t figure out how to do this? I would assume since I’m registered, my name would show up in the list now when I go to “enter your picks” but it doesn’t…

Is it not possible?

Mar 26, 2013 @ 22:39:04

@ljd – Sorry! I forgot to update the tourney entry page. Will do that forthwith. Check back in about 10 minutes.

20. ljd
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 08:23:44

thanks! works for me now.