1. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:42:38

Every time I try to vote, it says “loading” and nothing ever happens. Same thing when I hit view results.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:47:35

Can you do a hard refresh? Hold the control key down while you hit the refresh button?

3. Susan/DC
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:57:17

Now this is where I have problems with this kind of voting. I haven’t read either of the books in the first category (although the Rayburn is sitting in my TBR pile) so can’t vote at all. I did read both books in the second category. They are such different books in tone (one dark, one light) and characterization that it’s hard for me to vote for one over the other — partly because they were so different I can’t really compare them and partly because I liked them both so much and want both to win.

4. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:01:54

I did the hard refresh. Still doesn’t work. Says “error on page” on the bottom of my screen.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:02:34

Susan, you should vote for whomever you put on your ballot.

Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:05:22

Jennifer, I don’t know what to say. Maybe try a different browser?

7. Gennita Low
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:19:07

Dang. I’m going to call all my 1001 relatives to vote for Rules of Gentility! Ha.

8. Janet Mullany
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:22:07

Thanks Gennita! Most of my 1001 relatives are dead but I’ve been asking them anyway.

9. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 12:44:10

Okay, I’ll try that and see if it works.

10. Laura D.
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 13:27:22

This is going to suck. First of all, I’ll get no work done for days. Second, I second Susan/DC that I haven’t read either book in the first category. Third, I loved loved loved both the Mullany and Hoyt like a squeeing fangirl. Why are brackets always so unfairly seeded? (excepting women’s ncaa brackets, where my Terps are sitting pretty this year).

Damn you, Jan(y)nes and SBs.

11. Liviania
    Mar 20, 2008 @ 13:41:42

For all of you who haven’t read any in the first bracket: Kushiel’s Justice.

As for the second, I chose Lord John, because I haven’t read The Serpent Prince. Now I think I should . . .

12. Janet Mullany
    Mar 21, 2008 @ 14:14:39

Thanks to all who voted for Rules, and big congrats to Elizabeth.