DA BWAHA 2nd Chance Tournament

Ahoy! Is your DABWAHA bracket shot to smithereens? Did you bank on the romance novel equivalent of the University of Pittsburgh and are now in 1156th place? Fear not – Pitt’s going home (ouch) but you get a 2nd chance! It is 2nd Chance Tourney time in Dabwaha-land! Simple as pie (mmm. pie).

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DID NOT ENTER THE FIRST TIME.

What Do I Do?

Step one: Cut a hole in a box. Ha. Kidding!

Step one: Fill out your 2nd Chance tournament bracket - note, fewer choices, more agony!

Step two: hit submit!

How Does it Work?

Same as the regular DABWAHA tournament does: voting for the DABWAHA counts for both tournaments. (But you knew that!)

When is the Deadline?

Deadline to submit your 2nd Chance bracket is 8pm CDT, 23 March 2010.

What Do I Win?

Prizes? Of course there are prizes!

The winner of the 2nd Chance Tourney wins a Kobo reader in the winner’s choice of color, PLUS a $50 gift card to the Kobo ebookstore. Thank you to Kobo for the awesome prize donation!

But wait, there’s more! The absolute worst 2nd Chance bracket wins a iPod Touch, 3rd generation (i.e. the one without the camera).

Best of luck, and may the best bracket win!

1. Helly
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 10:17:31

Smithereens indeedy. If only I were in the 1156th place…
    Oh well, jumping right back in with the second chance!

2. Darlynne
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 11:37:45

I’m like the second-to-worst team in the NFL when draft picks come out. If I were just a little worse, I could win last place, which would give me first place. No such luck, good or bad, but a good time nonetheless.

3. Dana
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 12:38:51

Well my original bracket is completely destroyed so why not try two for two? LOL!

4. Joanne
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 14:17:40

Next year I’m going to let my husband do the picks. He’s never read a Romance Book but even he’s got to do better than I do.

Aw well, it must be fun since I’m already thinking about next year….

5. Heather
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 16:26:13

Thank God for the Second Chance Tourney…not that I’ll fair much better there!!! :)

6. library addict
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 18:30:11

Having all 4 books in Round 2 set 4 advance to round 3 moved me all the way up to 183rd!

The big question is, do I go all opposites in the second chance bracket (for my few remaining choices). Or stick with some and go with new choices for the ones in red. Decisions, decisions.

7. Brian
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 20:15:27

Currently 610th place here. Heck my pick to win it all got knocked out in the 1st round.

8. sula
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 20:24:42

What the hell…I filled one out without having any idea of which titles are what. Haven’t had time to keep up with current titles this year. Probably will do better than the year in which I painstakingly made choices based on my own reading and watching blogs. lol.

9. SonomaLass
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 01:18:34

I’m thinking that next year I will accept bribes from authors to NOT pick their books. I might be a jinx. Three of the books I picked for the final four are out, two in the first round. Better than last year, though, or the year before; I don’t think I got a single title right past the second round.

It’s a good thing this is so much fun that I don’t really mind. Plus there are so many good books that many I didn’t pick are still personal favorites. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament!

10. Bella F.
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:19:58

LOL! “Step one: cut a hole in a box”
    hahahaha!! that just made me laugh more than it should have:D
    thanks Jane