2nd Chance Tournament Open for DABWAHA-ers

Is your bracket destroyed? Did your picks go awry? Do you find yourself tied for 500th place and full of despair? Weep no more, bracketeers, because our 2nd Chance Tourney is created just for you. The stakes aren’t as high but the prizes are just as fine. (Note: anyone can participate, even if you didn’t sign up the first time around or if you are placed 10th or 860th).

DABWAHA_Samhain_Ad

The winning bracketeer is going to get a brand new Kindle from the fine folks at Samhain.

Jennifer Estep, author of the new Elemental Assassin series, is contributing a $50 Amazon gift card, a copy of Spider’s Bite and an e-ARC of Web of Lies? And matching bookmarks, of course. Because you can never have too many bookmarks. This prize will go to a RANDOM non winning bracketologist. Hopefully someone tied for 500th place.

Go forth and pick new brackets and be hopeful once again. Bracket entries close on March 24, 8 pm EST.

1. Janine
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:46:40

Can those of us who missed the deadline for entering DABWAHA last week sign up for the second chance contest?

2. Joder
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:52:42

Is it truly only for those in the lower rankings? I’m in the 240s–which is still loserville. So can I get in on it too?

3. Sally w.
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 13:31:24

Jane, I think I made a mistake. I filled out the form before looking at my ranking. I have a plus green arrow. What to do?

Mar 22, 2010 @ 13:33:09

It’s for everyone, even those who are doing well. We were just being tongue in cheek about who MIGHT want to participate.

Yes, Janine, it is definitely for those who never filled one out in the first place.

Mar 22, 2010 @ 13:37:19

@Sally w. No, you can participate.

6. Darlynne
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 14:03:57

Jane, did I miss the part about the tie-breaker? I didn’t see anywhere to put a number when I filled out my brackets.

7. Darlynne
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 14:06:43

Sorry–thanks to Samhain and Jennifer Estep for putting up the second chance prizes.

Mar 22, 2010 @ 14:08:25

@Darlynne The tiebreaker is automatic this time. It seemed confusing for people in the first tournament so this is based on 1. the champion you picked and 2. your pick percentage and one other thing automatically computed based on results and your picks.

9. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 14:21:10

@Darlynne: You’re welcome. I only do good for one or two rounds before my bracket completely collapses so I thought it would be fun to offer something to a random player. Middle of the packers unite! ;-)

10. willaful
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 15:34:06

I’m not quite getting the point. Won’t everyone pick the same books?

11. nath
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 16:17:07

Thank you DA for doing this and thank you Samhain and Jennifer Estep for the new prizes :D

My only question is, does this cancel our original brackets?

Mar 22, 2010 @ 16:19:59

@willaful: I guess your second chance bracket picks depend on how well your first bracket has done. I.e., if you picked poorly the first time, I wouldn’t repeat those choices.

@nath: Nope, your first bracket is still in the main tourney. This is a second tournament bracket but fed off the same voting results.

13. willaful
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 17:42:51

I meant, won’t everyone pick the same books as each other? Since we know what was popular the first time.

Oh never mind, I think I get it now.

14. lil
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 20:43:34

How do I know I entered correctly? I mean, I think I did but is there a way to know for sure?

15. Pat L.
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 20:45:30

Didnt do first voting and having trouble putting in my pix. Can only do first column.
    ?????

16. Ima
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 21:16:18

@Pat L.: That happened to me, so I hit the Submit button and then a bunch of red rectangles popped up in the columns, but zero names of books with them, so I just had to random pick. Not so good.

Mar 22, 2010 @ 21:18:02

@Pat L.: After you click the names of the books you want to advance in the first column, can you then click the names of the books you want to advance again? I’m not certain what you mean by “can only do the first column”

Mar 22, 2010 @ 21:18:43

@lil: I download and upload the entries occassionally and you can double check your bracket then. (I haven’t done it yet).

19. Janine
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 22:44:23

Thanks! I filled out a bracket. I’m sure I’ll be off by ten miles, but it was still fun to try and guess.

20. Sabrina
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 09:57:27

Apparently I am DA.com challenged today..where do I find the results of the first round? Not sure how I did, or if I even entered it correctly, etc. And of course it will be in some obvious place I have over looked for the past hour:)

21. Jennifer Leeland
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 10:38:22

I have to admit. I had a tough time figuring out where I stood in the standings. LOL!!!

I don’t figure I did well.

Mar 23, 2010 @ 12:23:00

@Sabrina You can find the results here. Current standings tells who is in the lead.

23. Sabrina
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 13:17:31

@Jane, I clicked on your “results here” and get a notice saying no posts match your criteria.
    It’s me, I am jinxed today;)

Mar 23, 2010 @ 13:20:49

@Sabrina Sorry. My coding skills need some help. Fixed the link.