DA BWAHA 2nd Chance

Bummed out that your DABWAHA Bracket (if you’re curious, it’s “deh-BWA-hah”)isn’t in the top 5? The top 10? Anywhere near the top?

Fear not! It’s time for the 2nd chance bracket! The what?

Well, now that we’ve been through two rounds of voting, many of us are out of the running. And, just like last year, we’re running a second chance bracket tourney.

The prize? An iPod Touch, 8GB.

Head on over to here and fill out a new bracket. Pimp your voting choices on Twitter. Trash talking is TOTALLY allowed.

Game on – times two.

1. Click on the “Enter Your Picks” link.
  2. Either pick your name from the dropdown list or Press “NEW” to
    add a new ONLINE ID
  3. Enter your email address
  4. Click on the names of the books that you want to advance
  5. Press submit

That’s it. If you want (and I highly suggest that you do) check the box to have a copy of your entry mailed to you.

1. Bzangl
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:39:41

It won’t let me — after I click submit it tells me:

Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:42:45

@Bzangl Yep, we had a glitch there, but I think we are good to go.

3. SonomaLass
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 22:37:21

I had problems the first time I tried, but the second time it was fine.

I’m excited to have a second chance, from way down here in 507th place.

4. BevQB
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 22:40:43

Jane, if we fill out a 2nd chance tournament, does it wipe out our main tournament picks if any of them are still alive? Or is this completely separate from the main tournament and we can have completely different picks to hedge our bets if we want?

5. library addict
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 23:41:51

I forewent any type of logic or emotional attachment to the books and used eeney, meaney, miney, mo this time.

We’ll see if that works any better.

6. Kaetrin
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 23:56:54

After reading what the prize Maya Banks is offering (mainly the ARC’s of her two upcoming releases) I want to be last! Sadly, I’m not such a crappy bracket picker, that I can’t even be last…… ho hum.. (!)

7. ms bookjunkie
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 02:42:27

Yes, I’m blind and oblivious, but where was that box that I could check to have a copy of my entry sent to me?

No sentiment with these new picks. I went with the idea that if I know nothing about the book, it will probably win. :-P

8. Leslee
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 03:46:56

It’s not letting me submit my picks, saying I must choose an entry for all the slots! Also is there any way to check my picks from the first selection. I don’t know if I am still alive or totally out. Thanks!

P.S. Really loving this! It is so hard when two books you loved are up against each other!!!

9. Jia
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 04:58:26

10. Michelle
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:02:01

Leslee,
    After you pick your final two, you need to then click one of them for your final choice.

11. Jayne
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:08:23

Whoo-hoo. Ruthless determination went into these picks. No sentimentality was involved.

12. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:21:40

I don’t see a box to check to have a copy emailed to me. I’m hoping mine went through this time … Not that it matters since the book I picked is now automatically going to lose. That’s just how I roll. ;-)

Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:28:03

The 2nd Chance Tournament is entirely new and doesn’t affect the first tourney brackets. I don’t know what happened to the email box, but I’ve uploaded the most recent ones so check the site to see if your bracket is filled out.

14. Natasha A.
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:29:31

BevQB I had the same question….
    Do we end up with two brackets or does this new one whip the old one? :D
    AND how long do we have to fill them out…

15. Jia
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:30:13

@Jayne: I tried to do that this time around too but I’m pretty sure I still don’t know what I’m doing.

16. Natasha A.
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:32:04

Woot! Thanks Jane! I will go fill out now…or well soon :D

Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:34:26

Actually, I see I haven’t uploaded the player picks yet so I’ll do that shortly. Check back in an hour. (I see yours, Jennifer).

18. Jennifer Estep
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:36:42

Thanks, Jane! :-)

19. Leslee
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 06:43:55

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate it. I was surprised to discover that I am not doing fabulous in the standings but not sucking big time either. :)

20. BevQB
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 08:46:34

@Leslee:

Jane, I’m having the same problem as Leslee. When i click submit I get

“You must enter a selection for every game”

with the only option of clicking “okay” . I checked, double checked and re-entered my picks but still get the message.

Also, i don’t get the option to have picks emailed to me (I didn’t in the main tournament either).

I’ve tried submitting in both Vista x64 and XP Pro. Both PCs use IE7 but I don’t have anything with any other browsers to try.

21. Darlynne
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 09:24:04

Jane, I'm having the same problem as Leslee. When i click submit I get

“You must enter a selection for every game”

When this happened to me, I realized I had to click on one of my last two selections, i.e., a winner, in order to submit my vote. I never did find the box for having a copy sent to me, though.

22. BevQB
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 10:11:45

@Darlynne: Yep, that was the problem, thanks! I needed to end up with three answers in that middle Finals column. I was confoozled (my normal state). Unfortunately I still didn’t get the option to have my answers emailed to me. With the main tournament, I had to email scans of my prints of both the entry and confirmation screens to Jane because my picks disappeared (just what she needed when she was creating 16 poll posts). I have a funny feeling that it’s going to happen again since I had no options on the confirmation page except to return to the entry page.

23. SonomaLass
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 16:03:01

I didn’t get the email check box, but I did get a printable page, so I saved that as a .pdf file. But just now I tried to look at my picks from the list on the second chance website, and I got the dreaded “Error 404 Object Not Found” message. Does that mean I should enter my picks again?

Mar 23, 2009 @ 16:36:00

@SonomaLass sorry folks. Have been away all day. I haven’t uploaded the individual picks yet, but am in the process of doing so now. It takes about 30 minutes. Also, I have no idea what happened to the email check box. Sorry.

25. SonomaLass
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 16:51:25

*gasp* No! Jane, are you saying that you have a life outside of DA? Seriously, I’m just glad to know that I didn’t mess up; if I had to enter my picks again, I’d probably change my mind again, too. I’m wondering if I should have gone with the “if I haven’t read it, it will probably win” approach!

26. BevQB
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 16:51:47

@Jane: **GASP** You DARE to have a life outside of DA?!

27. JenniferY
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 19:11:19

I’ll admit I am curious about why you get 34 points for each correct pick in Round 3 (Round 1 in 2nd Chance bracket)…no big deal, but I was just wondering.

Mar 23, 2009 @ 19:19:16

@JenniferY Ha – I had to go look. It was a typo. It should have been score “3” and not “34” so the next website build should reflect that.

29. JenniferY
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 19:21:23

No worries…I was just checking out some of the brackets when I noticed it.

30. SonomaLass
    Mar 23, 2009 @ 20:30:14

@BevQB: Great minds think alike, you know!

31. JenniferY
    Mar 24, 2009 @ 09:11:02

Was I supposed to contact someone after the 2nd round? My bracket is in first (which has me totally surprised, but I know it probably won’t last). I am new to the tourney and wasn’t sure.

32. Heather
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 21:25:22

WOW…you all got further than me…I can’t even find the “Enter your picks” link?!?!? I thought maybe it was firefox, but I tried in IE too…can’t find it.