Edited April 17th
This week we’re reviewing Cobblestone Press. They opened their cyber doors in 2006.
“Cobblestone Press is an electronic, full service publisher of mainstream, sensual, and erotic romance, releasing two to three digital books a week in a variety of downloadable formats. It is our mission to provide quality romance books in electronic formats and to raise the standard in digital publishing. If you are new to eBooks, check out our eBook guide for help.”
They sell only ebooks. Their books are also sold through Fictionwise. They have a chat room, a newsletter, several forums, several yahoo chat groups, RSS feed, a blog and a quarterly emagazine. CP merchandise can be purchased through CafePress.
Website layout – There are links to View Cart, Home, CPQ, Recently Released, Bestsellers,Subscribe- RSS Feed, Coming Soon, Chat Room, Ebooks categories, About Us, Gift Certificates, Submissions, BLOG, CP Mercandise, Contact Us,Community Center, Customer Service, Copyrightand Tradmarks at the side of each page. There is now a search by author link. Or, you can click on a book then search the link of the author’s name leading to a page with each author’s books listed (with except link), the author’s webpage (with link).
Book length – Book lengths are listed for each title.
- TrystsÃƒ ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚ ¢: 10,000-20,000
- Novella: 20,001-40,000
- Novel: 40,001-65,000
- Full Novel: 65,001-100,000
Rating- At the bottom of each page there is a small link listed as rating system but when I clicked on it, I got a pop up message that said “Opps – Page not found.” Shouldn’t that be “oops?”
Information about each book - Clicking on a book title will take you to a page which shows the book cover (artist listed), the author’s page (which might list email address, short author bio and one sentence book reviews), the ebook formats, excerpt, prices, ISBN ebook numbers and a brief description of the story. There are guidelines for sensuality, violence or language…
* * *
- Navigation – By genre, line, series, author or book name.
- Excerpts – one page
- Reviews – none by book purchasers
- Series – listed
- Wishlist – None
- Cart – After you pick a book and format, you have to click to add it to your cart. You are then taken back to CP and have to click on the “View Cart” link. Once there, you can edit or remove items, or continue shopping. Information will be remembered during browsing, can be accessed at any time, and books will remain in the cart until removed.
- Bookshelf - none
- Payments – Credit card (Visa, Mastercard. Am Ex, Diners, Discover, JCB, for non US currency choices are restricted to Visa or MC) or Paypal. If you choose to pay by CC, you can also choose “Bill Me Later.”
- Downloads – an email with a dl link will be sent immediately. You can also cut and past the dl link into your browser (which is what I had to do). Note: The download link expires but no time limit was given.. Be sure to back up your ebook immediately.
- Confirmation – A confirmation email with dl link was sent a few minutes after my purchase.
- Account set up – Billing information can be saved for future purchases. CP assigns a customer number so be sure to write it down. I’m not sure if this can be changed or not. I chose to pay with paypal so I’m not sure if CC information is saved.
- Formats – HTML, Adobe, Microsoft Lit, Mobipocket (chosen when book is added to the cart)
* * *
Irks -Books are rather pricey for the length. It took a while to be transferred to the cart service. The download pages are available for a short time only but the time limit wasn’t mentioned! After that, I guess you could contact the vendor. CP states that you should allow up to 24 hours to wait for any response from them. Their book covers appear to be CGI and for the most part, look like a great source of cover snark for Bam.