Wednesday Deals: Sourcebooks and Avon

• At the Duke’s Pleasure by Tracey Anne Warren * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • The Duke’s Night of Sin by Kathryn Caskie * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Sins of a Duke by Suzanne Enoch * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Beauty and the Duke by Melody Thomas * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Never Dare a Duke by Gayle Callin * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Duke of Sin by Adele Ashworth * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Devil’s Bride with Bonus Material by Stephanie Laurens * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • A Seduction at Christmas by Cathy Maxwell * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Insatiable by Meg Cabot * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Scent of Shadows, The by Vicki Pettersson * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Rides a Dread Legion by Raymond E. Feist * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Shaman’s Crossing by Robin Hobb * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Stupidest Angel with Bonus Material by Christopher Moore * $3.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos * $7.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Red Hot New Year by Diana Mercury Denise Rossetti Virginia Reede Cynthia Eden * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Helping Me Help Myself by Beth Lisick * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Now You See Him with Bonus Material by Eli Gottlieb * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Phoenix Rising by Pip Ballantine Tee Morris * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • White Tiger by Kylie Chan * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Every Which Way But Dead with Bonus Material by Kim Harrison * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Warlord with Bonus Material by Ted Bell * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Earth Strike by Ian Douglas * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • The Breach by Patrick Lee * $0.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire * $3.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Wicked with Bonus Material by Gregory Maguire * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Doomsday Key and The Last Oracle with Bonus Excerpts, The by James Rollins * $7.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Winning by Losing by Jillian Michaels * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K

• Staying at Daisy’s by Jill Mansell * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • World from Rough Stones by Malcolm Macdonald * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Highest Stakes by Emery Lee * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Kingmaking by Helen Hollick * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Immigrants by Howard Fast * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Skipped Parts by Tim Sandlin * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Hawk of May by Gillian Bradshaw * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • God Is an Englishman by R. Delderfield * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Child of the Northern Spring by Persia Woolley * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Weekend with Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Plain Fear: Forsaken by Leanna Ellis * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • It Was Over When by Robert Elder * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Best Little Stories from the Civil War by C. Brian Kelly * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Killer Book of True Crime by Michael Philbin Tom Philbin * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover by 0 * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Heir by Grace Burrowes * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Merlin’s Harp by Anne Crompton * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Beautiful Dead Book 1: Jonas by Eden Maguire * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K
  • Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach * $1.99 * A | BN | S | K

1. Brian
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 12:08:06

Today only Infected: Prey by Andrea Speed is free from Dreamspinner Press…

Today’s freebie at ARe is Claimed by Evangeline Anderson (The Brides of the Kindred , Book 1)…

2. cbackson
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:48:12

There are…a lot of Dukes on that list. Is this a Duke-themed sale? Will there be half-priced Marquesses next week?

Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:51:16

@cbackson: By the time they get to the Viscounts, the books will have to be free.

4. Liz Mc2
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:52:32

The beginning of this list made me laugh. It’s like they decided, “If there’s a duke in the title, it’s on sale!” The I just felt depressed by the ridiculous over-abundance of Romancelandia dukes.

5. Tina
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:52:47

@cbackson:
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Dukes and Mr. Darcy are well represented.

Dec 21, 2011 @ 13:55:53

I rearranged the list so all the dukes can be together.

7. cbackson
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 14:18:07

@Jane: Oh, it makes even more hilarious reading that way. Anybody else notice that there’s also a particularly high frequency of ducal sin in this list?

8. cbackson
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 14:18:42

@Jane: And they will actually pay *you* for a Baron.

9. Sunita
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 14:24:25

Do all Avon authors get to write about Dukes? Or do debut authors start with Baronets or Barons and work their way up? And do they bust you down to a Viscount hero if your most recent book doesn’t sell well? So many questions …

Jane, have you thought of grouping all the Darcy books together? He must be awfully tired, if that list is anything to go by.

10. erinf1
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 14:53:52

LOL… too funny… however, I have spent about $30 today… and have quite a few books. I am very pleased at these sales and now have added another tower to my electronic TBR pile.

Thanks sooo much for all your work in getting these posts together. I went right down the list and got the books that I didn’t have. And I would never have discovered these sales if not for your posts.

Happy Holidays!

11. Elizabeth56
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 16:43:51

@cbackson: That was my reaction, too! We have an over-supply of dukes, and their value has gone down.

12. Elizabeth56
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 16:50:01

However, sin’s value is usually underestimated. Or its price . . . . (I decided I had better edit this note, since you should know that the sins referred to in these titles are not what I consider pricey. Occasionally, but not often.)

13. becca
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 17:04:16

I’m not familiar with most of these authors, except for Julia Quinn, and I’ve only read her Bridgerton books. I don’t care for the Mr. Darcy books, but I’m on a Regency kick right now (well, Courtney Milan is early Victorian – and I’ve glommed all her books).

So who on the list is particularly good?

Dec 21, 2011 @ 17:09:28

@becca: Gregory Maguire is considered a very good author. As for the romances, I’m a fan of Suzanne Enoch but I cannot remember whether I liked that book. I think Devil’s Bride is great particularly at $.99.

I bought the Terry Spears books because I am a werewolf fan but I haven’t read them. I know I tried her once but I couldn’t finish.

Robin and other readers recommend the SEALed with a Kiss book.

15. Rhianna
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 17:33:48

Hmmm. Apparently, The Goblin King is only on sale for $1.99 at the Sony store.

16. Janine
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 18:10:29

Graceling by Kristin Cashore, a popular and well received YA, is only $0.99 today.

17. Anthea Lawson
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 18:16:30

Graceling is an awesome book – a real steal at .99 cents! Cashore deals with some interesting meta-themes in this story that I think a lot of romance readers will enjoy. Thanks for the heads up on that one, Janine. At that price, I can have my print copy and digital, too. :)

Also, lol at all the dukes and subsequent comment witticisms~

18. Darlynne
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 22:11:40

The Peter Robinson title is the tenth in his British police procedural series, for anyone looking for a good crime novel. Generally it’s OK to read his out of order, just depends on your personal preference.

Also, Charles Todd’s book is the first in his Bess Crawford mystery series for those who like England circa 1916.

Jane, these lists are great and since everyone gave me B&N gift cards this year, I will never run out of reasonably-priced books. Thank you so much for all the work.

19. Janine
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 00:02:20

@Anthea Lawson: You’re welcome. I haven’t read it yet, but I bought a copy too.

20. Helen
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 07:49:25

@Janine:
    Where? I checked BN and it is still listed as 6.99. LOVED this book.

Ah, rot never mind I just realized today was yesterday in blog world!

21. Janine
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 09:22:19

@Helen: Sorry! I got it for the Kindle yesterday but it’s no longer that price there now.

22. Lisa J
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 09:54:24

@Rhianna: The Goblin King is $1.79 at Books on Board. I bought my copy there when I couldn’t get it at Kobo.

Sorry if this posts twice, I received an error message first time I tried.

23. Brian
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 11:03:08

The Goblin King is also $1.99 @ Amazon now too.

24. Lisa
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 12:40:11

Legend of Michael is actually now 1.79

25. Thursday Midday Links: Bad IP Suits and Good Deals | Dear Author
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 12:57:59

[...] Bad IP Suits and Good DealsREVIEW: Once Upon a Winter’s Eve by Tessa DareJayne's Best of 2011 ListWednesday Deals: Sourcebooks and AvonInterview & Giveaway: Patricia Gaffney, Putting Characters Through the Wringer for Your Reading [...]

26. B
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 07:47:13

[...] DA 1 | DA 2 | DA 3 | DA 4 | [...]

27. Monday Midday Links and Deals: Penny Jordan Has Passed Away | Dear Author
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:29:24

[...] Dukes are still on sale as are many of the Sourcebooks titles in this post.  Kobo deals include $1 off using KOBODOLLAROFF promo code. Harlequin codes include [...]