Deals Under $2.99

We search prices by the following imprints: Avon, EOS, Forever, HarperCollins, HQN, Kensington, MIRA, Pocket, Pocket Star, Orbit, Samhain, Sourcebooks, and Macmillan. Note that Kensington Zebra Debuts are often under $3.00.  These searches are performed at Amazon and the prices are not always reflected at other stores.  These prices reflect US deals and may not be present at non US retailers.

The “new” tag means deals different than were included in the previous post.  I’m trying to add in digital backlist titles under $2.99.  If you are an author re-releasing your digital backlist or having a “sale” and the book is priced 2.99, send the titles to jane at dearauthor.com to be included in the bi monthly posting.

Digital Backlist:

• Nobody’s Angel by Patricia Rice * $0.99 * Kindle| BN
  • Take Me I’m Yours by Elizabeth Bevarly * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Thing About Men by Elizabeth Bevarly * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Stone Flower Garden by Deborah Smith * $0 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (repubbed by Bell Bridge Books)
  • Straight for the Heart by Marsha Canham * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Under the Desert Moon by Marsha Canham * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo

Avon

Bantam | Ballantine | Dell (the following are all NEW)

Forever

Kensington

Orbit

Pocket

• New To Scotland with Love by Karen Hawkins * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • New Simmer All Night by Geralyn Dawson * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • New Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole * $1.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (this is a novella in the Bad Boys Collection which is still price at $9.99 so a fairly good deal if you are a Cole fan)

Sourcebooks

SMP

• None this week

Samhain

• Joker’s Wild: Call Me by Lena Matthews * $0.00 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Nine-Tenths of the Law by L.A. Witt * $0.00 * Amazon | nook (this deal starts on the 15th)

Bundles of Good Report

• The Blades of the Rose Bundle.  Bundle includes: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger * $8.84 * Amazon |nook | Sony | Kobo
  • The Lady Julia Grey Bundle (A Lady Julia Grey Novel). Bundle includes: Silent in the Grave, Silent in the Sanctuary and Silent on the Moor.$8.83
  • Jennifer Crusie Bundle.  Bundle includes: Getting Rid of BradleyStrange BedpersonsWhat the Lady Wants andCharlie All Night. $8.61
  • Susan Mallery Bundle. Bundle includes: Delicious, Irresistible, Sizzling (I liked Irresistible quite a bit) * $9.32 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Sally MacKenzie Bundle. Bundle includes: The Naked Earl, The Naked Gentleman, The Naked Marquis, The Naked Baron, The Naked Duke, The Naked Viscount, The Naked King * $15.04 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (not for me, but 7 books for $15.04 seemed like a pretty good deal)
  • Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter * $8.38 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Gena Showalter’s Atlantis Series Bundle by Gena Showalter * $8.84 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Terry Spear’s Wolf Bundle by Terry Spear * $7.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Shannon McKenna Bundle: Ultimate Weapon, Extreme Danger, Behind Closed Doors, Hot Night, & Return to Me by Shannon McKenna * $14.29 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (these books are like crack to me)
  • Richelle Mead Dark Swan Bundle: Storm Born, Thorn Queen, & Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead * $9.83 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Maggie Shayne’s Shadows bundle by Maggie Shayne * $7.96 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (not enough credit is given to Shayne for her early vampire books)
  • Mackenzies Bundle: Mackenzie’s Mountain / Mackenzie’s Mission / Mackenzie’s Pleasure / A Game of Chance by Linda Howard * $8.38 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
Book I bought that wasn’t a romance:
  • The Twenty-four Days Before Christmas by Madeleine L’Engle * $2.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Fire and Ice by Dana Stabenow * $0 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo (this series was originally recommended to me by Keishon and it’s very good.

Additionally, there are several Sue Grafton books that are discounted this month, likely in preparation for the release of V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone Mystery) along with some other MacMillan books:

1. SHZ
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 10:10:10

God do publishers ever hate Australians. There’re some great deals there for the rest of you!!

2. Babs
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 10:12:09

I’ve read all the Chelsea Cain novels — Gretchen Lowell is a spectacularly frightening serial killer and the relationship she has with Archie Sheridan, the detective responsible for ‘catching’ her, is twisted yet strangely compelling. I highly recommend them.

3. Christine
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 10:13:31

Marian’s Christmas Wish by Carla Kelly has been released for the Kindle and is only $2.99

It’s a fun and timely read with the holidays approaching.

4. Christine M.
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 10:24:26

@SHZ: Don’t worry, they hate Canadians too. :/

5. Kate Pearce
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:21:40

That’s another 10 bucks gone… thank you-I think!

6. Patricia Rice
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 12:25:07

For drm-free books downloadable in any country and often at sale prices, keep an eye on awriterswork.com and bookviewcafe.com
    Awriterswork will be having a day after Thanksgiving ((Nov 25 here) sale which probably lasts 24 hours so you can all take a peek.

7. Angela
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 13:01:34

Lots of good books on sale!

@Kate Pearce: I’m trying to keep mine under $10…not sure if I’ll manage it. lol

8. Darlynne
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 13:10:26

This is what I hate about Kobo: Search for Dana Stabenow Fire and Ice (manually or through Jane’s link, no fault of hers) and there are 17,521 results. A search for just Dana Stabenow manages to produce 10,639 results. If you remember to use quotation marks (circumventing Kobo’s default Boolean operator of “or” rather than “and”) a search will finally reveal 14 items. Put the two together though–”Dana Stabenow” “Fire and Ice”–and you’re back to 34 items.

C’mon, Kobo. Search the way readers search. Search the way Google does, because their 360,000 Dana Stabenow results, no quotation marks, still manage to give me what I’m looking for. /rant

Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

Thank you, as always, Jane and Ned, for putting in the work to bring us book deals. My frustration with Kobo notwithstanding, I appreciate your efforts.

Nov 09, 2011 @ 13:11:51

@Darlynne: Yes, unfortunately, in order to do this list, we use an automated search link that is generated with the author’s name and title of the book which works great at Amazon, BN and Sony. Kobo is kind of a nightmare.

10. Estara
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 14:06:15

@Christine M.: And Germans ^^.

11. Char
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 14:26:03

Oh dear. I know better then to look at these bargain lists. I grabbed Nobody’s Angel by Patricia Rice because it sounded interesting and it’s only 99 cents. Then I saw Rogue by Kayla Gray and checked out the description. It’s a pirate romance which happens to be my favorite theme next to cowboys so I bought it then found out it has a sequel which is also a pirate romance so I must have that one too! Luckily it’s only $3.03 at Amazon. Now I really must stop! lol

Seriously though I really appreciate these lists. I love finding bargain books. :D

12. jude
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 15:16:31

I love these lists, thank you. If I had one wish for them in the future, and I know it probably involves too much time, but it would be nice to be able to scan for genre/age group.

13. JessP
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 22:34:22

@Christine:
    Thank you for the link. Carla Kelly is an autobuy for me.

14. Fran Baker
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 07:04:03

I’m keeping the majority of my backlist as well as my new Regencies at $2.99.

15. Janet W
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 18:37:55

http://www.michelegorman.co.uk/Books_%26_Articles.html Michele Gorman’s Chick-Lit “Single in the City” is being self-pubbed for $1.99 for US market. It was previously pubbed in the UK. Story, American gal is a fish out of water in London. Sounds interesting.

16. eggs
    Nov 11, 2011 @ 00:23:29

For the non-USAians, I will point out that you can do your own publisher search and then sort by price Like Ned does, and this will return books on sale to your region. Sometimes they are the same as the USAian ones, sometimes different, and (more often!) not there at all. I do this for myself each time Jane makes this post and have picked up some good deals. You can also search by other publishers you like in your region (eg Mills & Boon) to get more results.

17. B
    Nov 11, 2011 @ 13:08:55

[...] E-Book-Deals: Dear Author | Romantic [...]

18. cleo
    Nov 11, 2011 @ 21:04:39

Jane – how’s the Madeleine L’Engle? Have you read it yet? I thought I’d read most of her work, but never heard of that one.

Nov 12, 2011 @ 08:15:12

I haven’t read it yet. I bought it in anticipation of the Kindle Fire. Thought I would read it with the tot. I’lll report back.

20. Maria F
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 12:57:44

Sprig Muslin at amazon is showing as $9.99. Did I miss a super-quick deal?