Daily Deals: Signet Regency, OOP Backlist Titles Redigitized, Kobo Coupons

The Duke's Desire: Signet Regency Romance (InterMix) June Calvin The Duke’s Desire: Signet Regency Romance (InterMix) by June Calvin. $2.99.

I profiled a different June Calvin Signet Regency here. This is a pre order for ovember 13, 2012. Hard to say whether this is worth it. There are no Amazon reviews and it has only a 2.83 rating on Goodreads.

From Jacket Copy:

The death of the Viscountess Deborah Silverton’s hated husband left her with the vow to never wed again. Yet she wishes her beautiful 16-year-old daughter Jenifer safely married. Fortunately, the wealthy Duke of Harwood is in need of a mate. The only dilemma is Deborah herself, and her secret feelings for the Duke.

AmazonBNSonyKobo

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst. $.60.

Even though I didn’t love the book, Kobo is selling it at 80% off with the coupon code romance80. I have to pass that deal along to the DA Readers!

From Jacket Copy:

A marriage in name only…

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend’s older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he’s offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

AmazonBNSonyKobo

Until I Die Again  by Jaime Rush Until I Die Again by Jaime Rush. $1.99.

This was originally published as On the Way to Heaven by Tina Wainscott, from St. Martin’s Press, 1995. New York Times bestselling author Jaime Rush is a pseudonym for Tina Wainscott, author of 18 novels for St. Martin’s Press and Harlequin. Her books have won the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart award, RT Bookclub’s Best Romantic Suspense with Paranormal Elements Award, and the Maggie.

That’s a terrible cover

From Jacket Copy:

Be careful what you wish for … .

Chris Copestakes’s young life ends in a second filled with twisting metal, shattering glass, and her own terrified cry.

Against all odds, Chris wakes up in the hospital and discovers she’s been given a second chance. But there’s a catch. A big one. She’s been returned to earth in the body of beautiful Hallie DiBarto, the soon-to-be-ex wife of a wealthy resort owner.

Thrust into an unfamiliar world of glittering prestige, Chris struggles to hide her identity and make a new life for herself. But the self-destructive Hallie left a legacy of dangerous secrets and angry people for Chris to deal with. And when she finds herself falling for Jamie DiBarto—a man both husband and stranger—her new life becomes wonderful and precarious. Because lurking in the past, both hers and Hallie’s, is a danger that could end it all.

AmazonBNSonyKobo

Shield's Lady  By Jayne Ann Krentz Shield’s Lady by Jayne Ann Krentz. $2.74.

This book is regularly priced at $4.99 most places but using Kobo’s coupon code ac4auto45 you can buy it for $2.74. Shield’s Lady is one of JAK’s early books and I can’t recall if I ever read it but some of my most beloved JAK reads are her earliest works.

From Jacket Copy:

A Jayne Ann Krentz Classic. Now available in ebook.

Legends can be dangerous, just ask Sariana Dayne. She sets out to hire one and wakes up married to him. It’s a marriage of infuriating inconvenience as far as Sariana is concerned.

Gryph Chassyn stirs all her senses but he’s one of the mysterious mercenaries known as Shields. Sensible women do not marry such men. But for Gryph, marrying Sariana is a matter of honor, passion and survival. He needs her in ways she cannot even imagine.

Before Sariana can find a way to escape the bond that has been forged between them, she and Gryph are caught up in a desperate quest to save their world. The future looks a little different but some things, like love and passion, and murder never change.

AmazonBNSonyKobo

1. Cara Ellison
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 16:09:12

The jacket copy for The Duke’s Desire is awful.

2. meoskop
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 16:47:14

All these Signet reissues are making me really, really, really wish I had archived my old blogs. I know I read this June Calvin & I can’t recall if I liked it.

3. Carrie
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 17:05:57

Shield’s Lady is part of a futuristic “trilogy” written in the 80′s. The books all stand alone, and in fact are not really connected other than some similarities of world building. It’s far superior to her later futuristic works (even though I have enjoyed those as well). The trilogy starts with Sweet Starfire (the best of the series and perhaps one of the best sci-fi/futuristic romances I’ve read), continues with Crystal Flame (also good) and then Shield’s Lady. Shield’s Lady is a great book. Like I said, they all stand completely alone, so starting with Shield’s Lady is no problem.

4. DM
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 17:23:04

I am LOVING these Regency reissues. I used to haunt used book stores looking for them. So much story in such a polished little package!

Jul 24, 2012 @ 17:53:54

@meoskop and @DM: I can’t figure out which Signet Regencies are being discounted and which ones are not.

@Carrie – I can’t believe I haven’t read this book because I have read Sweet Starfire and Crystal Flame. I guess I am going to have to buy it. At $2.74, it’s kind of a no risk opportunity.

6. Carrie
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 18:17:47

@Jane– If you enjoyed the other two, Shield’s Lady isn’t much of a risk. Gryph and Sariana are both a bit dense at first, but the cultural differences make that reasonable. I like their growth.

7. Cara
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 22:32:06

Not to sound bitchy, and this isn’t really about the subject matter of this post, but – I really kind of hate the new thumbnail-preview-whatsit format for images that you’re using. I know my little opinion doesn’t mean much, but I figured I’d give feedback anyway. Is it because of bandwidth, or something?

ON topic for the post, however, I don’t know about the JAK book, but I remember loving a book called Crystal Fire from the 80s/90s that was part of a sci-fi romance series. I think that was Kathleen Morgan, though. I’m really hopeful that my old favorites from that time will get re-released in ebook format, too.

Jul 25, 2012 @ 06:02:27

@Cara – I use the thumbnails because the content itself seems small and I thought the larger cover images might overpower but I can certainly try using the larger cover images.

9. Estara Swanberg
    Jul 25, 2012 @ 06:34:11

I can definitely recommend Shield’s Lady. It doesn’t interconnect with her Harmony books at all, although there are two (oops, three!) books set on the same world. You can read this alone and it’s one of her best sf romances in my opinion.

ETA: Heh, in other words – what Carrie said in her first comment.

10. Cara
    Jul 25, 2012 @ 08:27:24

@Jane:

It’s more that the thumbnails cut off a lot of the image, or at least that’s how it looks on my end in my Chrome browser? I agree the size is ideal, but man, for some reason my eyes just tweak at the square-window-cutting off parts of the image effect.