Daily Deals: Recommended read along with a history of perfume sellers,...

The Nekkid Truth by Nicole CamdenThe Nekkid Truth by Nicole Camden. $ Free

From the Jacket Copy:

A sizzling e-novella from erotica author Nicole Camden!

In this sexy erotic novella from Nicole Camden, crime scene photographer Debbie Valley loses the ability to recognize faces and must instead identify people by their bodies. Soon she finds that the wonders of Detective Marshall Scott’s body never cease…and that he needs her to help catch a dangerous killer.

Everyone must download this. Everyone. If you don’t download it, I’m going to block you from visiting Dear Author. (Kidding, I’m not going to do that) I’m not saying you have to read it but you at least need to download it. For real. I LOVE this novella (and people I hate novellas). The heroine suffers from facial recognition disorder. She can’t remember you from day to day. That’s really challenging for a relationship. The fall in love parts, the suspense parts, the disability parts, the sex parts are all wonderful. Download it. Please.

AmazonBNSony KoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

A Little Harmless Six Pack by Melissa SchroederA Little Harmless Six Pack by Melissa Schroeder. $ .99

From the Jacket Copy:

Get six Harmless books for one low price including four full length books and two short stories.
Available for .99 during the preorder and through the first week!

A Little Harmless Submission
For a tough as nails Dom, hunting a sadistic serial killer is nothing compared to losing his heart.
BDSM, Erotic romantic suspense

A Little Harmless Fascination
Wanting her isn’t smart, seducing her is inevitable, but falling in love with her could be downright deadly for both of them.
BDSM, Erotic Romantic Suspense, Interracial

Prelude to a Fantasy *SHORT STORY
Find out how Zeke and Maura meet and first fall in love.

A Little Harmless Fantasy
What starts out as simple fantasy among friends, becomes an overwhelming need that none of them can deny.
BDSM, Menage, MMF, Erotic Romantic Suspense

A Little Harmless Ride
When this Dom falls hard, he will do anything to protect the woman he loves.
BDSM, Erotic Romantic Suspense, Interracial

Prelude to a Secret
A brand new, never before released short story that gives you a glimpse of how Ali and Devon first met.

The Harmless Series
A Little Harmless Sex
A Little Harmless Pleasure
A Little Harmless Obsession
A Little Harmless Lie
A Little Harmless Addiction
A Little Harmless Submission
A Little Harmless Fascination
A Little Harmless Fantasy
A Little Harmless Ride
Coming Soon
A Little Harmless Secret

I know I’ve bought a couple of this author’s books but I can’t remember if I’ve read them…

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREAppleGoogle

The Perfume Collector Kathleen TessaroThe Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

An inheritance from a mysterious stranger . . .
An abandoned perfume shop on the Left Bank of Paris . . .
And three exquisite perfumes that hold a memory . . . and a secret

London, 1955: Grace Monroe is a fortunate young woman. Despite her sheltered upbringing in Oxford, her recent marriage has thrust her into the heart of London’s most refined and ambitious social circles. However, playing the role of the sophisticated socialite her husband would like her to be doesn’t come easily to her—and perhaps never will.

Then one evening a letter arrives from France that will change everything. Grace has received an inheritance. There’s only one problem: she has never heard of her benefactor, the mysterious Eva d’Orsey.

So begins a journey that takes Grace to Paris in search of Eva. There, in a long-abandoned perfume shop on the Left Bank, she discovers the seductive world of perfumers and their muses, and a surprising, complex love story. Told by invoking the three distinctive perfumes she inspired, Eva d’Orsey’s story weaves through the decades, from 1920s New York to Monte Carlo, Paris, and London.

But these three perfumes hold secrets. And as Eva’s past and Grace’s future intersect, Grace realizes she must choose between the life she thinks she should live and the person she is truly meant to be.

Illuminating the lives and challenging times of two fascinating women, The Perfume Collector weaves a haunting, imaginative, and beautifully written tale filled with passion and possibility, heartbreak and hope.

More than one reviewer said that the editing was poor (several typos). This is a book published by a Big 5…It’s also not really historical fiction but merely a recount of the history of perfume sellers. And, of course, infidelity…

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

Born to Fight by Tara BrownBorn to Fight by Tara Brown. $ 1.99.

From the Jacket Copy:

Twenty years ago scientists made some remarkable discoveries with genetics and the ability to perfect the babies we gave birth to.

Ten years ago the governments of the world made a hard choice, earth or people.

Nine weeks ago the choices they made came full circle.

Fourteen days ago the truth of their mutations leaked out into the borderlands and other areas.

Yesterday the worst thing they ever made learned about what she was.

Today she’s coming for them and she knows about the strengths they gave her.

Tomorrow she plans on destroying everything.

She plans on starting with her her own creator. Her own father.

This is the second in a trilogy. The reviews say it is a good story but the editing is horrible. Maybe it’s been edited since it’s release last summer?

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

1. Darlynne
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:27:45

The Nekkid Truth? As you wish.

2. Lynne Connolly
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:33:06

I loved “The Perfume Collector.” The book is women’s fiction, rather than romance, although there is a romance in the book. I didn’t notice any typos, but perhaps I was too into the story.
    It’s set in the 1950’s, and it’s about a woman, unhappy in her marriage, who is left an unexpected legacy in Paris. She sets out to solve the mystery. It’s certainly not a history of perfume! It does have two parallel stories, the main character and her ancestor/forbear. It evokes Paris so well, and the story is very different to what I usually read. But I found it magical.

3. Laura
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:35:25

Seconding, thirding and fourthing the rec for The Nekkid Truth. As someone who has face blindness, though not even close to the heroine’s level, I thought the author did an outstanding job explaining it, and making it realistic. Loved the name tags at the end.

4. Lynne Connolly
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:36:14

@Lynne Connolly: A second thought. Perhaps because it’s written in “English” English, the commenter thought the spelling was wrong?

5. Janine
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:39:50

I picked up The Nekkid Truth *and* The Perfume Collector — Thanks @Lynne Connolly for weighing in on that one. The gorgeous cover also helped!

6. Texas Book Lover
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:43:54

This is such a great deal for the Harmless series! I love it!

7. MaryK
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 14:47:57

@Laura: I didn’t know face blindness was a thing until I read The Nekkid Truth. It’s a great story.

8. leslie
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:00:16

@Lynne Connolly: It makes me crazy when patrons edit library books with pen that were written in “English” English!
    Thanks to your comments on The Perfume Collector, I am now getting this book. I wasn’t interested after reading it’s blurb on my library e-catalog page and here at DA….so thanks!

9. hapax
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:15:16

*Loved* the blurb on BORN TO FIGHT, but thought to check the negative reviews at Amazon and I am so glad I did. There is so much about that series that would have driven me to drink, and not in a good way.

Now I have saved two bucks I can spend on a nice soothing latte — I take back what I said about the uselessness of Amazon reviews.

10. Olivia
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:33:55

Ok, ok. I’ll download Nekkid Truth, don’t need to twist my arm… ;)

11. Heather Greye
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:38:19

Totally agree with the Nekkid Truth rec. One of my favorite novellas and the best book in the original anthology. At free, you shouldn’t even stop to think about it!

12. Christine E
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 16:04:43

You don’t have to work hard to convince me to buy download something that is free, and that you recommend!

13. AlexaB
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 18:38:21

I love Kathleen Tessaro’s writing. I bought The Perfume Collector at full price and I’m not upset I did. Worth it.

The Nekkid Truth is downloaded and at the top of the to-be-read queue!

14. Andrea T
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 18:48:22

I pre-ordered The Nekkid Truth as a freebie, but honestly had no plans to read it anytime soon. I’ll definitely bump it up!

15. pooks
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 20:20:50

Holy cow, Jane, I think I’d better download The Nekkid Truth NOW.

[…]

Done!

16. Jane Davitt
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 22:15:04

Downloaded as ordered ;-)) Is it just me or is the cover for the six-pack one really weird? I’m trying to work it out and it looks…odd, like there’s a headless lump sprouting from his torso. I keep waiting for it to resolve into something that makes sense and it doesn’t.

17. Lynn
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 03:08:33

Free and recommended! Downloading is not an issue. The real problem is keeping myself from reading it RIGHT NOW. I have work to do, darn it all.

18. Anonymouse
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 14:00:25

Although “The Perfume Collector” is not my favorite of Kathleen Tessaro books, I do highly recommend her to other readers. And this one is well worth the $1.99 IMO. Can’t speak to the typos–I didn’t notice them.

19. Bamaclm
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 16:28:01

@Jane Davit: The six packs are getting out of hand, imo. ;-)

20. Sirius
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 19:34:26

Reporting : downloaded, read, liked :-).

Mar 14, 2014 @ 19:35:28

@Sirius: Have unblocked you. Welcome back. LOL.

22. Jane Davitt
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:58:58

@Bamaclm:
    I’ve asked my family and they’re equally baffled :-) It’s like one of those things that’s an old woman or a vase or something…

23. hapax
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 22:28:35

@Jane Davitt: I done blew up real big the cover, and it *looks* like there’s a woman standing behind the male torso, distracting him by pinching his left nipple while searching for her car keys in his shorts, so we’re seeing the bump of her left shoulder and elbow. Meanwhile, HIS left arm seems to be bent back scratching his butt, or perhaps reaching off cover for a beer.

It doesn’t help that their skin tones match exactly and both of them seemed to have misplaced their heads (but not their hair!) somewhere along the way.

I’m not exactly sure about the backstory of that position, but I think that “harmless” might be a stretch.

24. hapax
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 22:31:34

Speaking of cover images, am I the only one bothered by the fact that the woman on the cover of THE NEKKID TRUTH seems to have put on her panties inside-out?

Okay, then….

25. Sirius
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 14:52:15

@Jane: heh thanks.

26. Jane Davitt
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 15:19:28

@hapax:

Thank you for going to that much trouble; I can kind of see that now :-)

27. cleo
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 17:53:05

@hapax: not sure if they’re inside out or upside down, but it bothered me too.