Daily Deals, December 7

From Brian:

Enter coupon code rough11 to get 30% off books 1-11 in the Rough Rider series by Lorelei James @ the Samhain store. Good now through December 31st.

• The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan * $3.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook: 2,000 Recipes from 20 Years of America’s Most Trusted Food Magazine by Editors America’s Test Kitchen * $9.99 * Amazon  (couldn’t find this book at any other ebookstore including BN)
Don’t forget that Avon is conducting an experiment to see if readers will buy more at a lowered price.  Almost all of their frontlist titles, released from late December through late March, are priced $4.99 with the superleaders at $6.99.  Books I’m excited to read:
  • How the Marquess Was Won by Julie Anne Long * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo  (recommended read for January)
  • Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah Maclean * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Blame It on Bath by Caroline Linden * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo
  • My True Love by Karen Ranney * $4.99 * Amazon | nook | Sony | Kobo

We’ll have a full listing of deals tonight.

1. ms bookjunkie
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 09:31:46

The code is ROUGH11. (Wow, this is the first time I’ve edited a comment totally unaware what I’m doing…)

2. ms bookjunkie
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 09:37:49

This editing in gibberish thing is sorta interesting…

3. Darlynne
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 10:12:12

Jane, thank you SO MUCH for the information about The Last Werewolf. I’ve wanted to read that book ever since it came out, but the agency pricing kept me from doing so. Merry Christmas to me!

4. Becca
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 10:50:46

for JAK fans, Amazon and Kobo have a free novella, The Scargill Cove Case Files. I didn’t see it at B&N, though.

Dec 07, 2011 @ 11:21:50

@ms bookjunkie I will look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Dec 07, 2011 @ 11:22:16

@Darlynne it is a very nice price drop.

7. jody
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 12:28:51

The Cook’s Illustrated book is wonderful. The HB is 890 pages and there’s a thorough recipe for anything you could possibly ever want to make. 9.99 is a steal.

8. Brian
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 12:39:06

These Kobo 35% off codes are supposed to be good through today (for non-agency books only [Harlequin, Sourcebooks, Samhain, Carina, etc.])

save3590us
    save3590uk
    save3590au
    save3590ca
    save3590ww

Each code can be used once per customer

9. Lisa J
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 15:32:59

Sony PRST1RC readers are on sale for $99 through December 24 on the Sony website. I just ordered mine and now I can’t wait for it to arrive.

10. Estara
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 16:49:19

@Brian: Can I just metaphorically kiss your feet? I got in just before midnight my (German) time zone and every one of those codes worked like a charm – whether on agency or on non-agency books: I bought Random House’s Mastiff and Penguin Books Tied with a Bow.

11. erinf1
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 22:32:06

thank you, thank you, thank you for these posts. I’m a bargain kindle shopper and I love finding these “deals”. Plus, it’s so nice to be able to read across genres, find new authors and not have to spend a fortune. This is how I got back into reading regency/historical romance again b/c a) I can read them on my Kindle (now fire, happy dance!!!) w/out ridicule and b) they are often on sale. So thanks again and I really appreciate the work you put into find these for us!

12. Brian
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 22:47:08

@Estara: Glad you got some use from the codes. Wish they worked on Agency books for US customers.

I enjoyed the Wilks story about Benedict and Arjenie in Tied With A Bow.

13. Caroline
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 10:14:19

Cook’s Illustrated ROCKS!!

14. Estara
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:16:51

@Brian: That story is the only reason I bought that anthology – and I wouldn’t have done so without the 35% off – because Kobo DOES include VAT when selling to a German credit card (and some of the books aren’t even shown to me because I’m from Germany – that’s why I have an .epub reader and shop in all kinds of stores to get my English book fix – I pay my way but sometimes I have to jump through hoops to have the privilege to give the publishers money – I’m sure the authors wouldn’t mind me giving the money even though I’m from Germany).

15. Janine
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:27:51

Miranda Neville’s The Wild Marquis (charming book, and first in her Burgundy Club series) is also only $2.99 in e right now.

I reviewed it here.

16. Brian
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 22:14:37

@Estara:

Here are some more Kobo codes if you need any. Good through December 11th…

35% off
    save351xus
    save351xww or save351xrow
    save351xau
    save351xuk
    save351xca

30% off
    dec9offer30us
    dec9offer30row
    dec9offer30au
    dec9offer30ca
    dec9offer30uk

17. Estara
    Dec 09, 2011 @ 14:10:15

Wow, Brian-who-dances-with-codes *bow* I shall see what I can do to use those ^^