Daily Deals: Contempories, historical, and Bestselling PNR for $1.99 each

Planning for Love by     Christi BarthPlanning for Love by Christi Barth. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

Hopeless romantic Ivy Rhodes
and
anti-Cupid Bennett Westcott
request the pleasure of your company for
their disaster of a courtship

Wedding planner Ivy Rhodes is the best in the business, and she’s not about to let a personal problem stop her from getting ahead. So when she’s asked to star in the reality TV show Planning for Love, it doesn’t matter that the show’s videographer happens to be a recent—and heartbreaking—one-night stand.

Bennett Westcott admits he didn’t handle his encounter with Ivy very well. But looking at her beautiful smile—and great body—through a camera lens every day? He can’t be faulted for suggesting they have some no-strings fun.

The more time they spend together, the more Ben realizes Ivy isn’t the wedding-crazed bridezilla he’d imagined. But if he doesn’t trust himself to make a relationship last, how can he convince Ivy to give him another chance?

97,000 words

Angela James edited this book and loves it. I think she would highly recommend it if she were the one writing these posts. ;)

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

Home at Last Chance      by     Hope RamsayHome at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

Dear Reader,

You won’t believe what’s happened. My son Tulane has come back home! You remember Tulane? He’d set out to find fame and fortune in the big, wide world outside of Last Chance, and I’m mighty proud. But that’s not the half of it-Tulane isn’t only back, he’s brought a young lady with him.

Now Sarah-she does PR for Tulane’s stock-car team-she’s from Boston, but she’s just about the sweetest girl you could meet. I think she’s meant to keep Tulane out of trouble after that story in the papers, but he doesn’t want to talk about it. Anyhow, the Ladies Auxiliary can’t wait to start matchmaking and introduce Sarah to our Reverend Ellis. But mark my words, Sarah is tired of being a good girl. And no one is better at breaking the rules and raising Cain than my son . . .

Listen to me going on and keeping customeres waiting. I best get back to work, but you come round again. The Cut ‘n’ Curl’s got hot rollers, free coffee, and the best gossip in town.

See you real soon,

Ruby Rhodes

This is a price reduction that should be reflected at every retailer. The Hope Ramsay books are, as I understand it, in the spirit of Robyn Carr or what some have called the cozy contemporary.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance Series #1)      by     Larissa IoneEternal Rider by Larissa Ione. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him.

Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can’t-or won’t-understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both this Horseman’s safety and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara’s life.

This is 2.99 at B&N but $1.99 at Amazon and Apple. I’m not sure the price difference given that this is an Agency priced book.

This is the first in the Lords of the Deliverance series. Ione is trying something different in this series and despite the light hearted tone, it is a grittier paranormal romance novel. This series didn’t work for me but I appreciate Ione’s attempts to push at the boundaries of morality.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

An Heiress at Heart      by     Jennifer DelamereAn Heiress at Heart by Jennifer Delamere. $ 1.99.

From the Jacket Copy:

A New Beginning

A youthful indiscretion has cost Lizzie Poole more than just her honor. After five years living in exile, she’s finally returning home, but she’s still living a secret life. Her best friend Ria’s dying wish was for Lizzie to assume her identity, return to London, and make amends that Ria herself would never live to make. Bearing a striking resemblance to her friend, and harboring more secrets than ever before, Lizzie embarks on a journey that tempts her reckless heart once again . . .

A committed clergyman, Geoffrey Somerville’s world is upended when he suddenly inherits the title of Lord Somerville. Now he’s invited to every ball and sought after by the matchmaking mothers of London society. Yet the only woman to capture his heart is the one he cannot have: his brother’s young widow, Ria. Duty demands he deny his feelings, but his heart longs for the mysterious beauty. With both their futures at stake, will Lizzie be able to keep up her façade? Or will she find the strength to share her secret and put her faith in true love?

I bought this book because she is a new to me author. Is there a sudden rise in clergymen as heroes? Who do we blame this one on?

The $1.99 price should be at all retailers.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

1. Isobel Carr
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 14:32:20

An Heiress at Heart is an Inspie. So be prepared for that.

2. DS
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:51:11

@Isobel Carr: The plot sounds perfectly tortured.

3. Fuzzie
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:59:56

>Is there a sudden rise in clergymen as heroes? Who do we blame this one on?

I am not sure who to blame, but I do appreciate your effort in linking deals on books with those types of heroes. Maybe there is something appealing about a man who’s deemed forbidden fruit by a romance heroine?

4. MrsJoseph
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 16:08:32

@Isobel Carr: Inspire? *puts back on shelf*

5. Isobel Carr
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 16:32:23

@MrsJoseph: “The author of Forever’s first inspirational romance, Jennifer Delamere, sat down for an interview with British Weekly– check out the article!”

6. Isobel Carr
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 16:37:42

@Fuzzie: Anglican clergy aren’t forbidden fruit though, they were expected to marry so they’d have a helpmeet for their living. Probably best for me to not get started on my issues with the Knights Templar romances I keep seeing (considering they were Catholic priests who weren’t allowed to touch even their own mother they make pretty odd hero material).

7. Ridley
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 17:03:04

Why don’t they clearly label inspirationals as such? I’d have been pissed if I found out after I’d bought the book that it was religious propaganda.

8. MrsJoseph
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 20:32:25

@Isobel Carr: Wow, oh wow. Thanks!

Like Ridley, I would have been pissed if I’d gotten this and then found out it was an Inspire.

Nov 01, 2012 @ 20:45:54

@Isobel Carr: Blergh. I can’t decide. Generally i hate inspies.

10. ms bookjunkie
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 04:39:32

I don’t mind inspies once in a while, so I was all ready to click and give it a try…but it’s geo restricted for me. >:( *suppresses language not allowed in inspies*

11. Laura Florand
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 06:21:55

I know Jennifer–and like her a lot, in fact. When she told me the story of this book’s path to publication, I was really intrigued, because she essentially wrote the story around this idea (the clergyman who inherits the title) and then, when it was picked up by a publisher, they were the ones who decided it would be a great way to launch a new inspirational line. It wasn’t written in the goal of being an inspirational, but more along the lines of what Julie Anne Long did with her last book, trying to explore genuine conflicts. I picked up a copy at her first signing–always a very fun thing, to go to an author’s very first signing–but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I actually tend to be reluctant to read books by people I know and like–it interferes too much with the story for me, and what if I don’t like their book? Then I feel terrible! But in this case, I’m quite curious about what she told me.

12. Christine
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 08:58:05

Jane said “Is there a sudden rise in clergymen as heroes? Who do we blame this one on?”
    Jane Austen? I don’t mind having a clergyman as a hero. I like all types. Jane Austen successfully did it- twice- and it never struck me as “religious propaganda” as Ridley called it. I always find it anachronistic when the characters in a historical novel have no religion or any connections to one. It was such a huge part of life for most of the world for so long it seems odd for so many characters to be so cavalier about it or have a completely modern take on it. That being said, I also don’t want a primer on any religion in a romance novel but I do think it’s odd when the country squire has no relationship with the local vicar etc.

13. Carrie G
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:26:55

An Heiress at Heart:
    From Booklist:
    In debut author Delamere’s clever historical and subtly inspirational romance, Lizzie Poole moves to Australia in 1846 after having an affair. When her lover marries a wealthy miss, Lizzie’s brother ends up fighting a duel. Certain that he has killed his opponent, he flees with his sister. Five years later, Lizzie returns to England masquerading as Ria Thornborough, who left England herself after marrying the brother of her fiancé. She and Lizzie met in Australia and look identical. After contracting a fatal disease, Ria begs Lizzie to go back and make amends with her family. Lizzie steps into Ria’s privileged life and finds that Ria’s in-laws, especially Geoffrey Somerville, capture her attention and emotions. Bits of her own former life seep into her new existence until she is threatened with exposure. Delamere does include Christian elements, but the classic historical plot will appeal to many readers. The romance is filled with emotion and sexual energy, but there is no explicit sensuality, filling a current genre gap for readers who prefer inference. –Amy Alessio

I generally shy away from inspirationals but have enjoyed several Deanna Gist books, including Maid to Match. When the references to faith are organic to the characters and plot instead of propaganda it doesn’t bother me. I’m going to give the book a try.

(Many books of classic literature are heavily influenced by worldview. It would be comical to see The Brothers Karamazov labeled inspirational fiction, even though “The Grand Inquisitor” chapter is pretty much a treatise on Russian Orthodoxy. :-) )

14. Daily Deals: Contempories, historical, and Bestselling PNR for $1.99 … | icsbookstore.com
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 22:37:33

[...] post: Daily Deals: Contempories, historical, and Bestselling PNR for $1.99 … http://icsbookstore.com/2012/daily-deals-contempories-historical-and-bestselling-pnr-for-1-99/ [...]