Daily Deals: Contemporaries featuring rich guys, famous guys, and a Dr....

If You Dare by Adrianne ByrdIf You Dare by Adrianne Byrd. $ 2.99

From the Jacket Copy:

Once the world’s most notorious thief, Damien Black retired at his peak rather than risk taking a wrong step that could cost him his freedom…or hislife. Now a seductive proposition istempting him again–a multi-million-dollar heist that would be smooth as black silk…if it wasn’t for Angel Lafonte.

The new director at an Atlanta museum, Angel is smart, sophisticated, and a stunning ebony beauty, exciting the daring thief even more than the possibility of a big-money payday. But when the heat reaches sizzling, Damien’s going to have to choose between a life of larceny and the passionate lady he’s suddenly growing to love.

More than one review mentioned the typos and formatting errors (weird spacing). “In one memorable case, the character Sean is suddenly Sejum for a page.” Another review indicates that the story is a bit slow at the beginning.

AmazonBNSony KoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

From the New York Times bestselling Julie James comes this dazzling romance about a hunky heartthrob and the woman who refuses to let him capture her heart. For fans of Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Rachel Gibson.

COOL. CALM. COLLECTED?
Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan. In the courtroom, she never lets the opposition see her sweat. In her personal life, she never lets any man rattle her—not even her cheating ex-fiancé. So when she’s assigned to coach People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” for his next big legal drama, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob’s charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews.

CONFIDENT. FAMOUS. IRRESISTIBLE?
Jason Andrews is used to having women fall at his feet. When Taylor Donovan gives him the cold shoulder, he’s thrown for a loop. She’s unlike any other woman he’s ever met: uninterested in the limelight, seemingly immune to his advances, and shockingly capable of saying no to him. She’s the perfect challenge. And the more she rejects him, the more he begins to realize she may just be his perfect match?

This is the first book by James. She has a new book coming out which I really enjoyed called “It Happened One Wedding” which is a sexy romance featuring two adults who have great banter.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREAppleGoogle

Fixed Trilogy Bundle by Laurelin PaigeFixed Trilogy Bundle by Laurelin Paige. $ .99

From the Jacket Copy:

All three books of the NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Fixed Trilogy are included in this bundle.

FIXED ON YOU (Book 1)
Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out–move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan. But what Alayna didn’t figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous–the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it. Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull. When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an opportunity to heal each other and finally find the love their lives have been missing.

FOUND IN YOU (Book 2)
Alayna Withers has only had one kind of relationship: the kind that makes her obsessive and stalker-crazy. Now that Hudson Pierce has let her into his heart, she’s determined to break down the remaining walls between them so they can build a foundation that’s based on more than just amazing sex. Except Hudson’s not the only one with secrets.

With their pasts pulling them into a web of unfounded mistrust, Alayna turns to the one person who knows Hudson the best–Celia, the woman he almost married. Hoping for insight from someone who understands all sides of the story, Alayna forms a bond with Celia that goes too far–revealing things about Hudson that could end their love for good.

This is the first relationship where Alayna hasn’t spiraled out of control. And she might lose Hudson anyway…

FOREVER WITH YOU (Book 3)
Alayna Withers relationship with Hudson Pierce has tested both her and his ability to trust. They decide that the only way they can move forward together is with open doors and transparency. It won’t be easy for the scarred lovers, but they’re committed to each other more now than ever. Alayna, in particular, has grown through their trials, and has emerged more confident and faithful to the man she loves.
But while the pair is focused on the future, their past shows up again to threaten their fragile bond. Promises that were made are broken, and Alayna learns that Hudson still has very potent secrets–secrets that will tear them both apart. As much as she feels for him, her ability to forgive and forget is tested beyond her limits.

Even though she found the only man who could fix her, a forever with Hudson seems more and more out of reach.

This is a great price for a trilogy of full length books. I was intrigued by the premise and it’s fairly sexy. I had a little problem with how the trilogy are unspooled.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

He's Come Undone by Theresa WeirHe’s Come Undone by Theresa Weir. $ .99.

From the Jacket Copy:

HE’S COME UNDONE
Penniless and behind on rent, college student and once famous child actress Ellie Barlow takes on the role of a lifetime when she’s hired by a group of young women to break the heart of the campus player who cruelly dumped them.

Transformed from slob slacker to jaw-dropping beauty, Ellie is dressed, styled, bleached and waxed, her chunky glasses exchanged for violet contacts. Along with physical prepping, she’s coached on Julian’s obsessions, which include long-distance running, Doctor Who, and J.D. Salinger.

In no time, Julian is in pursuit of his custom-made next victim, but when Ellie goes off script and begins to fall for her target the newest broken heart in this risky game could be her own.

Weir is a favorite author of reviewers here at Dear Author. This is the introductory price and I guess it will go up after a certain amount of time.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

1. JJPP
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 14:35:22

I highly recommend the Julie James! I think her books are really fun, and I’m excited to hear she has a new one coming out.

2. Sarah
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 14:40:16

I love seeing these daily deals on here but I wish there was someone who could do it for the UK Amazon site as usually these deals are never on the UK one :/ which usually means me finding a great sounding book that is expensive

3. Little Red
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 14:45:07

The Julie James one sounds promising.

4. Bamaclm
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 15:35:58

Finished re-reading the Julie James just last week. She can do no wrong in my eyes, so I too highly recommend Just the Sexiest Man Alive.

5. Erin Satie
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 15:48:56

I adore Julie James. Just the Sexiest Man Alive was the first book of hers I read & still my favorite.

It sent me hunting for other books featuring a famous hero who hooks up with a non-famous heroine & I didn’t find anything that worked for me the same way that Just the Sexiest Man Alive did–the hero is convincingly famous (both dedicated to his craft and snotty/douchey), but it’s the heroine that shines–the way that she fights against her awe of his celebrity, the way she seems like his equal and a truly good match for him.

There’s a mock-courtroom scene very early on in the book that is one of the most memorable scenes I’ve ever read in a romance. It’s just so perfect. The hero and heroine walk into the room feeling a mix of dislike/indifference toward one another, buy by the time the scene is over…I had been totally won over, I believed in them as a couple, I was so excited about the book.

I’m gushing, but I really love that book.

6. Darlynne
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 16:07:35

@Sarah: Do you subscribe to the Amazon UK Daily Deal or eReader IQ alerts? Those have helped me find deals on new-to-me books or authors/titles I’m tracking.

7. cleo
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 18:10:15

Just The Sexiest Man Alive isn’t my favorite Julie James, but mediocre James is still pretty damn good, imo. I loved the banter in this one but I thought the ending was rushed. This has a much lower heat level than most of her other books.

8. LeeF
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:13:39

I so wanted to like Just the Sexiest Man Alive. I love all the Julie James books I have read- except that one. The whole plot felt awkward and contrived and I wanted to smack Jason every time he opened his mouth. I know I am in the minority (or maybe the only reader in the universe) but that isn’t the book I would recommend for first time James readers.

9. LeeF
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:25:04

Weir’s Geek with a Cat Tattoo is also 99¢ on Amazon. I was surprised when I read Come as You Are that I enjoyed her style of writing since I have been shying away from the YA/NA books. Girl with the Cat Tattoo convinced me that my enjoyment of her voice isn’t a fluke. Sold!

10. library addict
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 21:34:01

@LeeF: You’re not alone. Neither of James’ first two books worked for me, so I didn’t read her FBI/US Attorney series. Then last year a friend gifted me Love Irresistibly so I thought what the heck. But as I have series OCD I had to read the first boo, Something About You first. And I am so glad I gave her another chance as I adored most of those books (I am in the minority in that I don’t like Kyle so his book didn’t work for me as well). But I went back and tried Just the Sexiest Man Alive again and it’s still not a book I like. Oh well. I’m still looking forward to It Happened One Wedding :)

Mar 12, 2014 @ 21:42:17

@library addict: Yep the first one didn’t work for me either even though the legal scenes were great. My fave James’ books were when she moved into the FBI series as well.

12. cleo
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 09:40:12

@LeeF: Contrived is a good word for the plot. I wouldn’t recommend this for first time James readers either, although I kind of enjoyed seeing her development as a writer.

@Jane: I agree that she hit her stride with the FBI/US attorney books.

13. CK
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 10:29:17

@LeeF: Nope. Not alone. I totally agree. I haven’t read another James story because of this book.

14. Justine
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 11:53:32

I’ve read, enjoyed, and recommended all of the FBI/US Attorney series, but I haven’t read her debut yet. The plot and the reviews in this thread do not motivate me to pick it up.

Deeper (Caroline & West) by Robin York (a.k.a. Ruthie Knox) is now $4.27 on Amazon, down from $7.99. I’ve been waiting for its price to drop since its release (January 28, 2014) but I haven’t decided yet whether to buy it at this price. Deeper’s sequel, Harder, releases July 1, 2014, so we’ll see if I wait until then for further price drops. I’m just shocked by Deeper’s $7.99 list price because all of Ruthie Knox’s releases have been anchored at $2.99 or lower.

15. MaryK
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 13:06:06

@Justine: I think it’s her first paperback release and it’s a trade size paperback which always makes the ebook price higher.

16. Justine
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 15:14:51

@MaryK: For Deeper, the list prices are $7.99 for Kindle and $14 for print. If Deeper is drawing in many new readers of New Adult, I can understand why Random House is anchoring the Kindle prices for the Robin York pen name at 2.67 times the pricing of Ruthie Knox books.

17. Justine
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 16:07:56

@MaryK: I meant to say that I appreciate your explanation. But I skipped right over that part — oops! I was just trying to explain my pricing theory as well. :)