Nov 8 2012
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. $ 1.99
From the Jacket Copy:
One of the most important works of twentieth-century American literature, Zora Neale Hurston’s beloved 1937 classic, Their Eyes Were Watching God, is an enduring Southern love story sparkling with wit, beauty, and heartfelt wisdom. Told in the captivating voice of a woman who refuses to live in sorrow, bitterness, fear, or foolish romantic dreams, it is the story of fair-skinned, fiercely independent Janie Crawford, and her evolving selfhood through three marriages and a life marked by poverty, trials, and purpose. A true literary wonder, Hurston’s masterwork remains as relevant and affecting today as when it was first published — perhaps the most widely read and highly regarded novel in the entire canon of African American literature.
Violet by Lauren Royal. $ .99
From the Jacket Copy:
The Ashcroft family motto is “Question Convention,” and eldest sister Violet agrees with the sentiment completely. For one thing, she’s not planning to marry. Plain Violet is smart enough to realize any suitors would be after her large inheritance, or else interested in her beautiful younger sisters–and she’d much rather spend her time improving her mind than risking her tender heart…
After wasting six years wooing a lady who eloped with another man, Ford Chase, the handsome and eccentric Viscount Lakefield, has had it with women. Ford is passionate about his scientific pursuits and doesn’t need to find love, thank you very much. When an unwelcome distraction–in the form of his six-year-old niece–is dropped in his lap, he enlists the help of an uncommonly intelligent neighbor named Violet. But Violet’s surprising allure proves to be even more distracting, leading to a passion the likes of which he’s never even imagined…
Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly. $ Free at Amazon
From the Jacket Copy:
Her first thought: “Who are you?”
It’s the morning after her cousin’s bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she’s in a stranger’s penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy…husband!
Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter…no, Connor Reed and she’s gone from first meet to marriage in one night!
Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor’s shocking bombshell?
“I don’t want a divorce.”
Waking Up Married is a full book sampler from our new contemporary romance series—Harlequin KISS. If you love this title, be sure to catch four fun, flirty and sensual Harlequin KISS titles available every month starting February 2013!
For some reason, I cannot find this book for pre order or for free anywhere else.
Chocolat by Joanne Harris. $ 2.99.
From the Jacket Copy:
Vivianne Rocher moves to the tiny French town of Lansquenet to open a chocolate boutique, and, suddenly, strange things start to happen. The townspeople begin to eschew the self-righteous gossip of small-town life, and they find the courage to break the rigid codes of provincial behavior. In short, they start enjoying life–all because of the sensual power of chocolate. But the hidebound local priest does not approve of Vivianne, and soon, a power struggle shapes up between the two of them.
A new publisher Crimson Romance is offering a $1.99 sale of its books on Amazon. I asked whether there were any ePub deals and they told me not at this time. The sale ends on the 10th of November. I’ve encouraged them to make these deals available everywhere.
- What a Texas Girl Wants by Kristina Knight. Kathleen Witte is a down-to-earth girl. She has to be, with the family ranch on the verge of success. After seven months of keeping it all together by swearing off men, however, Kathleen needs a bit of fun in the sun. Waking up with a husband she can’t remember isn’t how she planned to blow off steam.
- The Saint’s Devilish Deal by Kristina Knight. Esmerelda Quinn has been looking for a place to belong since her parents were killed in a car crash when she was young. The closest thing to home has always been Aunt Constance’s villa in Puerto Vallarta. Santiago Cruz has called the villa home for as long as he can remember. But Santiago has grown up while she’s been away, and soon she finds herself falling for the rich boy down the hall – all over again.
- Under Her Spell by Eliza Daly. When a series of failed relationships and business ventures has Monica Jackson doubting her self-worth, she turns to spell casting to attract positive energy and the opportunities needed to achieve her goals. But can Monica’s belief in spells restore her belief in herself?
- Brooklyn Love by Yael Levy In Brooklyn Love, three Orthodox Jewish women who are caught between crushing guilt of defying their mothers and their desire to be “normal” are there for each other as they try to figure out who they really are … and what they really want.
- The Scheme of Things by Vristen Pierce. When her ex comes to town, Cassie Jones has her world turned upside down. Thanks to her own lies, he expects her to be not only in love with the man of her dreams, but engaged. Cassie has no time to formulate a revised plan of her own so she enlists the help of co-worker and friend, Julia. She’s about to discover that one week can change everything.
- After the Fall by Morgan O’Neill. After the Fall ratchets up the tension as time traveler Gigi Perrin and her husband, the Roman warrior Quintus Magnus, join forces with the Visigoth King Alaric to march on Rome. There waits Princess Galla Placidia, the admirable sister of the despicable Emperor Honorius. Bound by a friendship that transcends time, Gigi and Placidia must do whatever they can to protect the men they love, after the fall of Rome.
- Nature of the Beast by Stephanie Freeman. Everything vanished in the heat of a kiss … One breath and the years spun away. Someone wants to kill Willow Daniels. Can she trust the enigmatic owner of a nightclub or will the secrets that surround him destroy them both?
- Falling for Flynn by Nicola Marsh. Flynn Logan is a dedicated, driven soldier and the Army is his life. Until he returns home to Melbourne and discovers he has another life he knew nothing about.
I have Through the Lens by K.M. Jackson, an IR romance, on my TBR list.