Daily Deals: A YA collection; a love story reincarnation; and a...

Wait for Me by Mary Kay McComasWait for Me by Mary Kay McComas. $ 1.99

From the Jacket Copy:

Destinies collide when two strangers find love in a moment of chaos

Holly is navigating a crowded Los Angeles International Airport terminal when the earthquake hits. Dazed, she fails to notice the ceiling crumbling above her. But in one swift motion, a stranger tackles her, saving her from certain death as tons of debris crash only feet from where they fall, locked in an embrace. Drawn together in a split second, Holly and Oliver find a bond they never could have expected. Can the love built in a single, dramatic moment really be the result of a passion that has spanned many lifetimes?

This ebook features an extended biography of Mary Kay McComas

Originally published in 1994 in the Loveswept line. It has a reincarnation theme which is not my favorite.

AmazonBNSony KoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

Faery Worlds - Six Complete Elle CaseyFaery Worlds: Six Complete Novels by Elle Casey. $ .99

From the Jacket Copy:

A stunning collection featuring the first books in six fan-favorite series by bestselling, award-winning fantasy authors! Discover the many worlds of Faerie in these novels filled with adventure, love, and – of course – Fae Magic.

(Best for readers 14 and up)

THE UNFINISHED SONG (Book One): INITIATE – TARA MAYA
Dindi longs to become a Tavaedi, one of the powerful warrior-dancers who secret magics are revealed only to those who pass a mysterious Initiation. The problem? No-one in Dindi’s clan has ever passed the Test. But Dindi has a plan.

WAR OF THE FAE: BOOK 1 (THE CHANGELINGS) – ELLE CASEY
Jayne Sparks, a potty-mouthed, rebellious seventeen-year-old, and her best friend, shy and bookish Tony Green, have a typical high school existence – until, along with a group of runaway teens, they are hijacked and sent into a forest where nothing is as it seems. Who will emerge triumphant? And what will they be when they do?

FAIRY METAL THUNDER – JL BRYAN
A teenage garage band steals instruments from the fairy world and begins enchanting crowds, but their shortcut to success soon turns them into enemies of the treacherous Queen Mab.

FEYLAND: THE DARK REALM – ANTHEA SHARP
Faeries. Computer games. When realms collide, a hero from the wrong side of the tracks and the rich girl he’s afraid to love must risk everything to defeat the dangerous fey.
What if a high-tech computer game was a gateway to the perilous Realm of Faerie…

FAELOREHN – JENNA ELIZABETH JOHNSON
Meghan has been strange her entire life: her eyes change color and she sees and hears things no one else can. When the visions get worse, she is convinced she has finally gone crazy. That is, until the mysterious Cade shows up with an explanation of his own.

EVER SHADE (A DARK FAERIE TALE #1) – ALEXIA PURDY
A dark twist on faeries. For Shade, a chance meeting with a powerful Teleen Faery warrior who wields electrical currents and blue fires along his skin, has her joining him on a treacherous mission for the good Seelie Faerie Court across the land of Faerie. Magic and malice abound and nothing is what it appears to be.

This is YA bundle.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAppleGoogle

Downtime by Tamara AllenDowntime by Tamara Allen. $ Free

From the Jacket Copy:

On assignment in London, FBI Agent Morgan Nash finds himself moments away from a bullet through the heart when the case he’s working goes awry. But fate has other plans, he discovers when he wakes in a world far removed from his own.

At work cataloguing ancient manuscripts in the British Museum, Ezra Glacenbie inadvertently creates the magic that pulls Morgan out of the twenty-first century and into the nineteenth. It’s an impromptu vacation that may become permanent when the spellbook goes missing. Further upsetting Morgan’s search for a way home is the irresistible temptation to investigate the most notorious crime of the nineteenth century. But it’s the unexpected romance blossoming between Morgan and Ezra that becomes the most dangerous complication of all.

Freebie m/m.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

The Shining  by Stephen KingThe Shining by Stephen King. $ 3.99 AMZ | Apple.

From the Jacket Copy:

With an excerpt from the sequel, Doctor Sleep.

Terrible events occur at an isolated hotel in the off season, when a small boy with psychic powers struggles to hold his own against the forces of evil that are driving his father insane.

This is a little higher than I usually post but it’s at the lowest price. I believe it is an Apple price match meaning Apple discounted it first and Amazon price matched it.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple Google

1. Mara Allen
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 12:09:06

Let me make one small clarification. Barnes & Noble lists Downtime as free, but it’s .99 cents at Amazon, All-Romance, and Smashwords. Sorry!
    Thanks.

2. Darlynne
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 12:14:48

I read THE SHINING when it first came out and before the ridiculous movie. It is the only book I had to put down for a while because I was so completely freaked out halfway through. I did finish it eventually, but have never picked it up since. A shame, really, because it is an excellent story.

3. Sunita
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 12:17:37

Downtime is terrific. It has non-explicit sex scenes but the romance is great and I enjoyed the setting.

4. Amanda
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 12:58:51

You can not go wrong with Tamara Allen. I am not at all a fan of time travel but I adored this one

5. Luce
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 13:39:45

Adding my praises to Downtime. It’s a really superb M/M book. :)

6. cleo
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 14:54:43

It looks like I’m in the minority, but I was disappointed by Downtime. I’m a fan of Tamara Allen but I couldn’t get into this one. I thought the plot was all over the place and the main character didn’t ring true to me. I did like the romance, but the rest of the plot (and there’s a *lot* of plot) didn’t work for me – especially the Jack the Ripper sub plot.

ETA – If It Ain’t Love by Tamara Allen is also free at BN and that I wholeheartedly recommend. It’s set in NY during the Great Depression and it’s also a low sex, mm romance and it’s just lovely.

7. Carolyne
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 15:33:45

I love time travel, and I coincidentally was just reading about Jack the Ripper (I forget why now). I’d probably have tried that one even if it weren’t free, but I can’t turn down free.

I like the atypical cover, except I can hear my grandmother’s voice saying “no hats on the bed!” a superstition I suspect was a holdover from Victorian times.

Does Amazon match the price when the competitor’s price is zero?

8. SandyH
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 15:34:04

Ashley Gardner also known as Jennifer Ashley Captain Lacey mystery series volume 1 is .99. It includes 3 full length novels and two novellas. I highly recommend the series. If you like C.S. Harris, Deanna Raybourne or Tasha Alexander.

9. Sirius
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 15:36:55

I really love “Downtime” too, but I have not read Tamara Allen’s book I have not loved yet so my opinion probably should be discounted :).

10. Sunita
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 17:38:45

@Sirius: I should probably add the same caveat. ;)

@cleo: It’s not my favorite Allen, it doesn’t stay in my mind the way others do, but for me it’s still far above the mean in m/m. It’s pretty tough to find m/m historicals that feel authentic to the period, let alone ones with time-travel plots. And I agree with you wholeheartedly on If It Ain’t Love. It is a lovely, lovely story.

11. Avierra
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 18:19:19

If It Ain’t Love is free at Amazon as well as BN.

12. cleo
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 20:23:47

fyi – ARe has a free books promo this month, featuring the first book of several series – there’s a new freebie every day, free for 2 days. I’ve been burned by ARe free special offers in the past, but I’ve also gotten some good ones. Current freebies – Bad Boy Billionaires: The Ivy League Rake by Ryan Field (an m/m that frankly looks pretty bad, or at least not at all to my taste) and Move Me by Emma Holly – which I haven’t read, but I’ve liked other Emma Hollys.

@Sunita: Well yes, a mediocre Tamara Allen is still pretty damn good. And the price is right. I think I was disappointed partly because I had such high expectations.

13. Carolyne
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 20:27:49

@Avierra: I wonder if Downtime being free on B&N was a mistake? And only If It Ain’t Love was supposed to be free today? If It Ain’t Love really doesn’t sound like my sort of setting, but for free, I’ll toss it on the TBR pile.

So, what I’ve discovered about my eBook-buying habits: I won’t pay even 99c for something available free somewhere else; and I won’t give B&N my credit card number and mailing address to download something free.

14. jane
    Sep 07, 2013 @ 20:52:29

never mind me. just testing.

15. jane