DA Weekly Deals: 29+ Titles Under $2.99

We search on Amazon for these deals and so the the prices may be different at other retailers.

We search prices by the following imprints: Avon, EOS, Forever, HarperCollins, HQN, Kensington,
MIRA, Pocket, Pocket Star, Orbit, Samhain, Sourcebooks, and Macmillan. We are debating removing Kensington. There are no real sales here. Kensington prices are set by Amazon and varying only slightly between 2.42 and 3.03 for their debut books.

Penguin doesn’t discount and is not included. If you think of any other publishers/imprints we should search, let us know. We try to only include “sales” rather than regularly lower priced books.

1. Gwen Hayes
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 21:28:05

That .99 is not one of my fave Johanna Lindsey books…but poking around I found Once Upon a Princess for 2.99 also, if anyone is interested. http://www.amazon.com/Once-a-Princess-ebook/dp/B0058DRTQ2/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

2. Turophile
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 22:09:52

I just tried Bright Young THings link and it said $8.99

3. Brian
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 22:25:13

@Turophile:

I just tried Bright Young THings link and it said $8.99

It’s only free @ Amazon at least right now (and probably only for US customers), but since Harper is an Agency pub I’d email the store you want it from to report it (at least that usually works with Amazon).

4. SL Clark
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 22:56:07

5. E.D. Walker
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 00:03:49

Three of Josh Lanyon’s short stories are at $1.49 right now: The French Have a Word for It, In Sunshine and In Shadow and A Limited Engagement. (I think he self-pubs them.) I bought 2/3, have read 1/3 (The French…) so far and really liked it. Josh Lanyon at any price is pretty much a steal, I think.

6. srta
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 04:34:34

@E.D. Walker: Thanks for the info. I love josh lanyon. I guess those prices are only for US customers ?? I only read the french story, a little short but very ok. I think he handed it for free at some point dont remember why, maybe was for the
    christmas time. He only asked not to p****e it, how sad. Anyway i’m starting to like reading these short stories specially when having so little time to read.

7. Tabitha
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 06:48:50

The Enoch book is missing the title above.

Also, a few of Jaci Burton’s books are discounted including:

Dare to Love 1.99
    Hands on 1.49 (though digital price is listed reg as 1.49 the print is 10.99)
    Magnolia Summer (digital price again listed reg as 1.49 the print is 12.99)

Sep 01, 2011 @ 07:54:39

@Tabitha The print is so expensive because EC (as do many others) use POD to fulfill the print orders.

9. Tabitha
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 09:10:31

No wonder they cost so much. I used to buy them in print. What was I thinking?? I’m so glad I switched to ebooks because the e-prices are so much better on the pockets.

10. Tabitha
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 09:13:05

^I meant, better on the pockets for the EC titles. Obviously, not for all ebooks!

11. Gretchen Galway
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 10:32:41

Thanks for the heads-up on the free Agatha Christie. I have a special spot in my heart for those. (But none on my shelf, so the free ebook is great.)

12. JoannaV
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 15:06:16

For anyone who didn’t get enough of the Georgette Heyer ebooks that Sourcebooks put on sale for her birthday, many of them are still at $1.99. I am enjoying The Nonesuch very much and it is still on sale, and I bought The Convenient Marriage just this morning.

13. Estara
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 17:29:34

I can HIGHLY recommend Once a Princess (review has spoilers) and it’s follow-up! But it’s more fantasy than romance, with lots of adventure and a great mom and her adventures thrown in!

14. MaryK
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 17:40:55

A self-pub’d, backlist (and I think hard to find) title: Conor’s Way by Laura Lee Guhrke

15. MaryK
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 17:47:12

Also, temporarily free Schwab, Greenwood, Mason, MacTavish, Cach, Monajem via Books on The Knob.

16. MaryK
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 00:01:14

Isabella by Loretta Chase is 0.99 until October 10th.

The Amazon reviews aren’t great, but this was her first book and it was a Traditional Regency something I’m not sure the reviews take into account.