50% off Harlequin eBooks

Harlequin is having its 12 days of Christmas sale and today’s deal is 50% off all ebooks.

Links that might be helpful:

List of Harlequin suggested books from readers here at DA:

Some of my favorite Harlequin authors include: Sarah Mayberry, Karina Bliss, Ellen Hartman, Sarah Morgan, Michelle Reid, Sara Craven, Miranda Lee, Helen Brooks, Kelly Hunter, Charlotte Lamb, Caitlin Crews… I’m sure I’m missing some but drop some suggestions in the comment box so we can help each other spend our money.  One book I am buying for sure today is Sandra Hyatt’s Lessons in Seduction.

1. Lisa J
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 09:25:32

Our lists are very similar if you add Carole Mortimer, Catherine George, and Kim Lawrence. I spent way too much there already this morning. May have to look again this afternoon.

Also, Sandra Hyatt’s book is 50% off at ARe until December 15 because it is SB Sarah’s book club pick. I got my copy on December 1.

2. Bettie
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 10:39:10

I’ve been meaning to get Nalini Singh’s Lord of the Abyss since I read the review here. Stephanie Draven’s Nocturne books have been on my list for a while, too.

3. Elyssa Papa
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 12:06:00

I loved Sandra Hyatt’s LESSONS IN SEDUCTION so much that I just bought the first two in that series. Jane, I think you’ll really like the book, too. I bought two others–the India Grey January release and a Caitlin Crews book. I really love Crews’ writing voice.

4. Statch
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 12:14:54

I like all the same authors that Jane mentioned, and would add Ally Blake, Amy Andrews, Anna Cleary, Caitlin Crews, India Grey, and Mira Lyn Kelly. For those who like less explicit but funny/flirty stories, Nina Harrington and Marion Lennox are also very good. Those are all ‘newer style’ Harlequins (which I think of as having greater equity between the two lead characters). For older-style romance (alpha hero who has money/power, heroine who has neither but hero helplessly drawn to her), I really like Cathy Williams.

I’m reading All They Need by Sarah Mayberry (based on recommendation from this site) and loving it. Such witty dialog among the characters plus emotional depth. I’ve had mixed experience with her in the past, and realized it was because I don’t care for the Blaze line and those are the ones of hers I haven’t liked as much.

Dec 04, 2011 @ 12:15:55

@Statch I’ve not read any of Ally Blake so I’ll get her and Amy Andrews and Anna Cleary.

6. Catherine
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 13:01:14

Thanks for posting how you convert these for Kindle. I’m still a little confused but I hope I can figure it out as I’ve got at least 10 in my cart on Harlequin’s site right now! :)

7. Kerry D.
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 13:31:07

I cannot buy directly from Harlequin. Every time I have tried, I get told there has been an “unexpected error”. Does anyone else have this problem? I’m in New Zealand, but theoretically that shouldn’t make any difference, I don’t think.

8. Statch
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 14:37:24

@Jane, I forgot to mention that Amy Andrews is a Harlequin medical author. I’ve liked all of her books but have a note that I thought Alessandro and the Cheery Nanny was particularly good (ouch on the title, though). I’ve enjoyed everything by Ally Blake and Anna Cleary except for My Tall Dark Greek Boss, which I didn’t like as much as the others.

9. Melisse Aires
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 14:43:04

I picked up a whole bunch of Harlequin Desires and a couple Christmas romances. Am set for the rest of the month now! :)

10. Carin
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 14:47:06

Victoria Dahl is an HQN author (for some of her books). I just picked them up at the ARe 50% rebate sale. I’m really enjoying the latest 3 she put out in her brewery series. Good Girls Don’t, Bad Boys Do, and Real Men Will.

11. library addict
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 16:02:17

I bought a bunch of the second round of Treasury titles released in October and November including titles by Kathleen Korbel, Sally Tyler Hayes, Linda Turner, Alicia Scott, Karen Templeton, and more of Merline Lovelace’s backlist. Mostly they were all Silhouette Intimate Moments titles. I so miss that line.

12. eggs
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 16:49:54

Does anyone know why harlequin doesn’t offer mobi files? I’d be snorting those things up like cocaine off a stripper’s arse if I didn’t have to stop and think about it. As soon as I do have to stop and think about the hassle of getting them on my kindle … I just go buy something else.

13. Brian
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 17:20:57

@eggs: Because Mobi as a DRM’d format is dead (you’d still have to remove the DRM for them to work on Kindle) except for Mobi with Kindle DRM. If HQN and other big pubs would sell without DRM they could still offer Mobi books and cut Amazon out of the loop, but it seems unlikely at this point.

More on Mobi’s death…

14. MaryK
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 18:50:57

My suggestions: Anne McAllister, Annie West, Abby Green, Susan Napier.

I’m actually trying to whittle down my shopping cart. There are a lot of backlist titles I want.

15. eggs
    Dec 04, 2011 @ 19:22:17

Thanks, Brian! I guess I’m going to have to hold a ‘spring cleaning’ of all my old ebook files, strip them down and format them for the kindle. I first started reading ebooks on my palm pilot which I think were mobi files, then adobe on my mac and now on my kindle. I must have more than a hundred obsolete ebooks! Maybe the stripfest will be enough to get me over my reluctance to jump through the harlequin hoops.

16. Brian
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 08:13:41

Todays deal is also and ebook offer…

Get an extra 20% off all Sci-Fi Romance books in the Carina Press book store with coupon code SCIFIDEAL

17. B
    Dec 10, 2011 @ 04:11:03

[...] gibt 50 % Rabatt auf seine [...]

18. Wednesday Midday Links: Major Publishers Support Internet Killing Bill & Retro Romance Debut from Samhain - Dear Author
    Dec 14, 2011 @ 11:20:44

[...] coupon of the day is E5DOLL11 for $5 off the purchase of one Harlequin eBook. You can check this post for recommendations. Tagged with: backlists • Deals • retro • Samhain-publishing [...]