2 Historicals and 2 PNRs for $1.99 or under

The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa JamesThe Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James. $1.99

Jacket Copy

Destiny will be decided between the sheets in this all-new tale of  “The Princess and the Pea.” For Olivia Lytton, betrothal to the Duke of Canterwick—hardly a Prince Charming—feels more like a curse than a happily-ever-after. At least his noble status will help her sister, Georgiana, secure an engagement with the brooding, handsome Tarquin, Duke of Sconce, a perfect match for her in every way . . . every way but one. Tarquin has fallen in love with Olivia. Quin never puts passion before reason. And reason says that Georgiana is his ideal bride. But the sensual, fiery, strong-willed Olivia ignites an unknown longing in him— a desire they are both powerless to resist. When a scandalous affair begins, they risk losing everything—Olivia’s engagement, her sister’s friendship, and their own fragile love. Only one thing can save them—and it awaits in the bedroom, where a magnificent mattress holds life-changing answers to the greatest romantic riddle of all.

Several dukes from Avon are on sale.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

The Way to a Duke's Heart by Caroline LindenThe Way to a Duke’s Heart by Caroline Linden. $1.99

Jacket Copy

Charles de Lacey, Lord Gresham, is running out of time, running from his responsibilities, and running from love.

Destined to be a duke, Charles de Lacey has led a life of decadent pleasure, free of any care for propriety or responsibility. It comes as a terrible shock to learn that he might be stripped of everything, thanks to his father’s scandalous past. He has no choice but to find the blackmailer who would ruin him—and his only link to the villain is a woman who may be part of the plot…

To save his fortune and title, he vows he’ll stop at nothing—in fact, he’s all too eager to unravel the beautiful, tart-tongued Tessa Neville. She intrigues him and tempts him like no other lady ever has. With only his heart to guide him, and keenly aware that his entire future is at stake, Charles must decide: is she the woman of his dreams, or an enemy in disguise?

I’ve always thought that Linden was one of the underappreciated historical romance authors. Generally, her books are very pro female and she has a great voice.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

Enraptured by Elisabeth NaughtonEnraptured by Elisabeth Naughton. $0.99

Jacket Copy

Orpheus has just one goal: to rescue his brother from the Underworld. He’s not expecting a woman to get in the way. Especially not a Siren as gorgeous as Skyla. He has no idea she’s an assassin sent by Zeus to seduce, entrap, and ultimately destroy him.

Yet Skyla herself might have the most to lose. There’s a reason Orpheus feels so familiar to her, a reason her body seems to crave him. Perhaps he’s not the man everyone thinks… The truth could reveal a deadly secret as old as the Eternal Guardians themselves.

Praise for Elisabeth Naughton:

“The sensuality of Sherrilyn Kenyon and the intensity of Patricia Briggs.”—New York Times bestselling author Angie Fox

“Elisabeth Naughton combines dynamic dialogue and sizzling romance with a wicked cool world. Do not miss this series.”—New York Timesbestselling author Larissa Ione

This is number 4 in the Elemental Guardian series.  There are several other Sourcebook paranormals on sale:

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

Kiss of Steel by 0.99Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster. $0.99

Jacket Copy

A brilliantly creative debut where vampires, werewolves, and clockwork creatures roam the mist-shrouded streets of London…

When Nowhere is Safe

Most people avoid the dreaded Whitecapel district. For Honoria Todd, it’s the last safe haven. But at what price? Blade is known as the master of the rookeries—no one dares cross him. It’s been said he faced down the Echelon’s army single-handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood-craving he’s been quicker, stronger, and almost immortal. When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She’s so…innocent. He doesn’t see her backbone of steel—or that she could be the very salvation he’s been seeking.

I’ve seen this book recommended all over the place on end of 2012 best of lists. Now I really have no excuse to buy and read it.

AmazonBNSonyKoboBook DepositoryAREApple

1. Lisa J
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:19:16

After reading your post from Bec McMaster before Kiss of Steel came out, I had to buy it. I loved it. It is definitely one of my favorites from 2012. The second book comes out in May (I think) and I can’t wait.

2. Darlynne
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:49:09

See, that’s one of the things I like about you, Jane. If I’m dithering about adding yet another book to my TBR pile–and really, can a Nook get heavier or does it just feel that way?–you make it clear there is no excuse to not buy something. I am so easily led astray. Thank you.

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:51:33

@Darlynne: I’m glad my self justifications work for you too.

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:56:55

Ugh, I don’t know what is wrong with my website today but I cannot add an update. Anyway, here are the Sourcebook PNRs on sale:

• Lessons After Dark Isabel Cooper A | BN | K | S
    • Vampire Next Door (Strange Neighbors) Ashlyn Chase A | BN | K | S
    • Wolf Who Loved Me Lydia Dare A | BN | K | S
    • Taste Me (Underbelly Chronicles) Tamara Hogan A | BN | K | S
    • Kiss of the Goblin Prince: Shadowlands series Shona Husk A | BN | K | S
    • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend) Sara Humphreys A | BN | K | S
    • Where There’s a Will (Good Girl) Karen Kelley A | BN | K | S
    • I Dream of Genies Judi Fennell A | BN | K | S
    • No Proper Lady Isabel Cooper A | BN | K | S
    • Demons Are a Girl’s Best Friend Linda Wisdom A | BN | K | S
    • Deliver Me from Darkness: A Novel of the Paladin Warriors Tes Hilaire A | BN | K | S
    • King of Darkness (Chronicles of Yavn) Elisabeth Staab A | BN | K | S
    • What a Goddess Wants (Forgotten Goddesses) Stephanie Julian A | BN | K | S
    • Chase Me Tamara Hogan A | BN | K | S

5. Sunny
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 16:22:18

Your blurb for the Linden book is all that’s needed to convince me to insta-buy, I’m looking forward to reading it!

6. Michelle
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 16:50:42

Kiss of Steel does look good, I ordered it after reading the first couple of pages.

7. mari
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 20:06:00

I can definitly reccomend Kiss of Steal. Great book. On another note, I Dream of Genies is coming up at a non- sale price over at B&N.

8. Carolyne
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 23:40:25

I wonder if I Dream of Genies is more a straight-up no-serial-numbers fan fic (not that there’s necessarily anything wrong with that), an homage, or far enough from the original to be considered just giving a nod to it. I’m curious about how an author would handle the genie trope, but I’m really not sure I can get past the genie being named “Eden.” (And that’s even though I have a huge Barbara Eden crush.) I think it’d just be a constant speed bump. Is anyone familiar enough with this author (Judi Fennell) to have an opinion on her general storytelling skill?

ETA: Er, never mind. No offense to the author’s fans, but the excerpt provided on Amazon is pretty weakly written and clunky. IMO. Not my thing.

9. LisaCharlotte
    Jan 05, 2013 @ 15:35:00

1/2 way thru Kiss of Steel. It’s really good!

10. Tin
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 08:13:04

Agree on what you said about Caroline Linden! I wish more people would read her books!

11. leslie
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 14:02:24

I agree. Caroline Linden writes good romance. I wish more people would read her books.