May 8 2011
One thing that readers have in common is our neverending search for new books. Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches and we at DearAuthor use affiliate links to help fund our sites. These affiliate links reward the blog owner with 6-8% of the sale price for each item sold using an affiliate link. Sarah uses affiliate links for both All Romance eBooks, eHarlequin, and Amazon. We use affiliate links for Amazon alone (because I am lazy!).
I thought that it might be fun to create a “bestseller” list out of the affiliate links. This list simply tells our mutual blog readers what the readers are buying if they use the affiliate link. It doesn’t capture every sale out there or every sale that we might inspire but it is a data point that might provide some interest to our readers and might help in discovering new and good books.
The fascinating thing of our list, in my opinion, is the number of people that bought Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. More people bought her first book in the series than bought the most recent release which is Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart
We will post this list every Sunday evening.
- 1. Wilder’s Mate by Moira Rogers
- 2. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
- 3. The Wind and the Sea by Marsha Canham
- 4. Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart by Sarah MacLean
- 5. Dead By Morning by Beverly Barton
- 6. Collision Course by Zoe Archer
- 7. Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
- 8. According to Luke (Gospel of Love 1) by Jackie Barbosa
- 9. Captive Bride by Bonnie Dee
- 10. A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James