DA/SBTB Bestseller List

Week ending December 27, 2011

1. Devil’s Bride with Bonus Material (Cynster) by Stephanie Laurens | A | BN | S | K
  2. Once Upon a Winter’s Eve: A Spindle Cove Novella by Tessa Dare | | A | BN | S | K | ARE
  3. A Duke of Her Own by Eloisa James | | A | BN | S | K
  4. The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham) by Julia Quinn | | A | BN | S | K
  5. Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane) by Elizabeth Hoyt | | A | BN | S | K
  6. Entwined by Heather Dixon | | A | BN | S | K
  7. Making Waves by Tawna Fenske | | A | BN | S | K
  8. A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant | | A | BN | S | K
  9. A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions) by Cathy Maxwell | | A | BN | S | K
  10. Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione | | A | BN | S | K

1. cecilia
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 17:27:06

I bought three of these titles, and all three ebooks have the same problem (as do a couple other books I bought in the same time period) – ginormous font that I can’t change. Seriously huge. Like four words per line, and sometimes about 10 lines per screen, sometimes only 4 or 5 lines per screen. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

2. msilk
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 21:58:17

@cecilia: Out of the list, I purchased books 1,3 and 8. I’ve finished number one (Devil’s Bride), just started number 8 tonight (A Lady Awakened), and have not started number 3 (A Duke of Her Own). I have not encountered this problem yet. All of my books were purchased through Kobo.com

3. cecilia
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 22:21:59

@msilk: I bought 1, 2, and 3, plus a couple others, and they were all from Kobo. (I called their customer service, and talked to someone who seemed to have no brains at all – he just kept repeating the same line about putting me on hold for one more minute while he gathered information. After about 20 minutes of this, he told me they were going to get back to me. I had to ask him how he thought they would do that when he hadn’t asked me for any personal information at all. I’m not feeling too confident that I’m going to hear from them any time soon.)

4. msilk
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 01:28:26

@cecilia: I’ve only had one issue with Kobo so far that required Customer Care, Thank God! My issue was that I bought a book and it would not open, file was corrupted. I tried to redownload but Kobo site kept telling me to contact Customer Care so I did. This is the email I received:

“Hi —- ,

Thank you for contacting Kobo. We apologize for the late response to your email. We suggest you uninstall and re install the desktop app to resolve the issue . Please sign out of your Kobo account on the Kobo Desktop app if you are still signed into your Kobo account. Please uninstall the Kobo Desktop app from your programs list (not just from the shortcuts list). Once you have uninstalled the Kobo Desktop app, please re-install using this link:

Once the Kobo Desktop app has been installed, please sign into your Kobo account on the Desktop app and try to re-sync.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 10 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team”

This did not fix the issue. I spent the next 3 weeks trying to get them to either refund me my money or send me a copy of the file, but all I got for the first 2 weeks was that my issue had already been addressed and resolved.

Since it seems to be your reader and not the files themselves, have you though of clearing your Kobo and restoring it to default settings and then reinstalling your books?

Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:20:59

@msilk Kobo does have a problem with the formatting. I think Brian has mentioned it before. Also, Kobo has the worst customer service. The worst. Keep after them and eventually you will get your money back.

6. Ridley
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:39:53

I stopped going to Kobo when buying a book from them prompted B of A to put a hold on my debit card every single time I did it.

7. Jayne
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 12:44:05

@Jane: Is it just me or does Kobo let others buy more than one book at a time? Each time I’ve bought from them, I’ve looked for a way to add more than one book to my cart but failed to find it. I’ve ended up completing each purchase separately.

Jan 02, 2012 @ 12:44:53

@Jayne: Only one at a time, unfortunately

9. msilk
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 14:21:38

@Jane: I’m going to consider myself lucky then that I’ve only had the one issue. It took me 3 weeks but they did end of sending me the file.

I received my Kobo in October for my birthday and have 82 books on it so far, 7 of which are freebies and the rest purchased. Other then the Customer Service and the block on multiple books in a single purchase, I’m really liking the reader. I also have the Sony Pocket Edition but found it had a time lag when flipping the pages, I became frustrated and only ever used it for 3 books. I’m in Canada so the Kobo has been a good choice for me (so far anyways).

@Ridley: I use a chapters gift card that I’m able to make deposits on via the chapters website using online debit, this way I never have to give Kobo my credit card info and I don’t have to worry about getting caught up in a buying spree and accidentally spending more then my allotted monthly book allowance.