Sony Offers $100 Trade In Credit for First Generation Purchasers
Nicole, this post is for you. Sony is offering a $100 creditbl for all first Generation purchasers of the Sony Reader if you want to upgrade to the newest Sony Reader. The current price for the Sony Reader is $299.00.
The details are as follows as articulated at MobileRead:
- Customers doing the upgrade will buy the 505 first and then send in their old 500 to get the credit. This means you may have to wait a bit to get the credit, but it also means that you won’t ever be without a Reader.
- There is a shipping cost to send back your old unit. But when buying the new unit, SonyStyle.com often offers free shipping.
- This is a Sony-only promotion, which means you can buy online at SonyStyle.com or in person at a SonyStyle store, not third party retailers.
- If you bring the old unit into the store and do the trade right then and there, the credit will be applied at purchase. If you do the trade later or purchase online, the credit comes back when Sony receives the 500.
- This is a US-only promotion. (Not good for UK 505 purchases.)
- Extended warranties do not appear to be transferrable to the new device
- The offer is good until January 31, 2009
Angela James showed me the Sony Reader light at the RWA conference and it was gorgeous. It had two brightness settings and it was a very soft light. I loved it. Is it worth $70? Hard to say but it was beautiful.