Nov 23 2009
I can’t remember why I was on the Kindle site this weekend, but I was and I noticed that there were a number of Harlequin Presents books for under $1.00. Then I noticed that there were just a number of Harlequin titles under $2.00. After some extensive searching, it appears that there are a number of unannounced sales at the Kindle site. Here is the best way to discover them. (I will note that books that I bought on the cheap are no longer for sale but others are. Is it part of Amazon’s Black Friday specials?) For non Kindle and non iPhone/iTouch users, Kindle has a PC program which isn’t super functional but allows you to read, resize, and bookmark your books.
Go to Amazon.com and choose Books under the main menu on the left side.
Then click “Advanced Search”
Fill out three fields:
- Publisher: This is either the Harlequin imprint such as Harlequin Presents or Harlequin Superromance or Harlequin Historical or whatever publisher imprint you would like to search. I noticed that Zebra had quite a few good books for around $2.50 like Kris Kennedy’s The Conqueror and Carrie Lofty’s What a Scoundrel Wants.
- Format: Kindle
- Relevance: Price: Low to High
Press “Search” and get results:
Rinse and repeat for however many imprints you want to search. I bought a fair number this weekend. I refuse to confess how many. Of the ones I have bought, I have read the following:
- Amy Garvey’s Pictures of Us which I recommend at the low price of $.61. I will warn you it is written in the first person.
- Roz Denny Fox More Than a Memory, the plot kept me reading in spite of the constant info dumping at every opportunity.
- Linda Warren’s Caitlyn’s Prize was onsale when I bought it but now is $3.96. It actually reminded me of Linda Howard a bit but lacked the sexual tension of a Howard. Could have been great. Am going to try her again.
- Trisha Wylie’s Her Bedroom Surrender which I bought last night for $1.82 is quite fun but no longer on sale. Boo.