I have to apologize for the lack of “industry news” or late night links of love but I have been glued to the television at various friends’ homes celebrating the events of the week. I’m getting back into the groove of things tonight as I am finally home and watching CNN.
- Bookstream aspired to provide an independent distribution source for independent bookstores, but the floundering economy and the credit crunch is forcing the company to close its doors. The employees of Bookstream were so loyal to the concept, they worked for no pay since last fall.
- Doc Turtle aka Li’l SBiT Patrick is liveblogging, or at least doing a chapter by chapter review, of Loretta Chase’s Lord of Scoundrels at Smart Bitches. He’s hooked, if you are wondering.
- Heather completed her series on promoting SFR books (tips that could be used by authors of all genres abound). Parts III, IV, and Parts V are here.
- Want something to read but don’t want to shell out any money? Try Gizmo’s list of over 100 sites of free fiction. Via Teleread.org
- Mobileread posted the most fascinating video I’ve seen in a while. You’ll need to wait until the 1:24 or so mark to really appreciate the technology that Phillips Design Probe is showing. The Electronic Tattoo travels across the body inspired by touch and “navigated by desire.” It’s a bluetooth enabled silicone device inserted under the dermis.