Jan 7 2009
- Freedom to Tinker provides 2009 predictions which include netbook/larger iPhone at $899; civil lawsuits over violation of terms of service based on Lori Drew case; Obama administration prosecutions for large scale bittorrent abusers.
- Alpha Heroes wonders what is up with the animal-like genetalia. Rhev (the hero in JR Ward’s next book) is a sympath whose penis has a “barb” (google wolves and barb kids). This isn’t the first barb in romance. You can that NYTimes bestselling author Lora Leigh. (Thanks Bec).
- Oprah Winfrey makes a notation on her website about the fabricated Holocaust Memoir and she’s the target of what Ars Technica calls patent trolls, individuals who file for patents for the purpose of bringing lawsuits instead of actually producing something.
- Galley Cat gives a brief history of ads in books. I’m not a fan of that route of monetization.
- Mills & Boon is hooking up with Rugby Football Union to produce Rugby related romance books. Bring some sports to us in the States, Harlequin!! Now I propose we suggest our own favorite titles: BOUGHT: The Revengeful Rugby Tycoon’s Virgin Princess Bride’s Secret Baby. Top that, I dare you. (Thanks Ann).
- Facebook reaches 160 million users. Do you interface with facebook?
- Not to send Nora Robert’s blood pressure through the roof, but Christian author Neale Donald Walsch got caught plagiarising someone, admitted it when caught, and now his fans are all outraged that he’s being accused of doing something wrong because the original content creator, Candy Chand, “might even be flattered by an author of your stature finding in her work such quality that it moved him to breed further life into it.” ha ha ha ha ha.