When Jane asked for our Best of 2012 lists, I knew mine would probably be short but I had no idea how short. I started with 3 books. Three. Books. Total. “WTF?,” I thought. Had I turned into that much of a h8ter? Well, it turns out that I had plenty of B grade reads but I like my Best of lists to be B+ or preferably higher. Luckily I read two more books that made my cut and Jane agreed that I could list the Stevenson book which is a reissue of one from the 1930s. So my list didn’t end up looking quite so much like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree. Here in the order in which I read them are my best reads of 2012.
- I’ve Got Your Number – Sophie Kinsella B+ (review)
- Crucible of Gold – Naomi Novik B+ (review)
- Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein A- (review)
- Miss Buncle’s Book – D.E. Stevenson B+ (review)
- Her Outback Rescuer – Marion Lennox B+ (review)
- Galileo’s Holiday (novella) – Sasha Summers A- (review)