Apr 1 2009
- In a not so tom foolery post, Mark Sarvas posts a beautiful in memoriam for his father. Thanks Elizabeth.
- Borders does Lisa Kleypas in its new “True Romance” feature. (Borders needs an embed element).
- BooksonBoard now offers a new eBook or audio book special every 24 hours! Follow BooksonBoard on twitter for daily updates. Check out today’s promotion here
- Borders has a decline of 8.9% in revenue, 9.4% decline in sales at the Borders superstores and a 14.7% decline at the Waldens stores.
- According to the AAP, book sales are down 2.8% in 2008 with most segments dropping but ebook sales which increased 68% to comprise 0.5% of total industry sales. Mass markets were down 3.0%.
- Kensington will not exhibit at BEA. It will host publisher parties and have staff walking the aisles (what like perfumers at the mall?)
- Wall Street Journal has an article about why Google Booksearch is a rip off for authors. (Thanks Kay)
- NPR hosts a discussion on DRM and whether piracy hurts ebook technology (no, only the knee jerk response hurts legitimate customers and the ebook industry). (Thanks Bec)
- And finally, there is a good discussion of ebook pricing by Orbit. I think the $1.00 pricing is genius because it seeds the front list. On Twitter the other day, we gave away about 40 copies of Larissa Ione’s book, Pleasure Unbound, in about 10 minutes because it was part of the $1.00 promotion.
Send to Kindle